best option for toprail

hey guys im looking for a little guidance or advice as to which way to go. what i would like to do is a setup where i have a tri-rail and a FULL LENGTH top rail so i can add some are type low pro sights and a small red dot. ive been reading as much as i can but just wondering what you guys think. im thinking of getting the chaos extended quad rail but i dont think its as long as i want. maybe that and a side mount deal with the rail for the rear portion? i just want as long a sight picture as possible, with a top rail. any help or guidance is appreciated. thanks

My vote's for the Chaos USA quad rail with the extended top section. They even have the newer option with low-profile HK diopter-style sights all ready installed, or if you're confident with calipers, a drill press and a thread tap you can install them yourself. IMO, you can't beat it for the money, you're giving business to a supporter of the forum here and it's a damn solid product.

yeah i was already leaning toward the chaos extended version, didnt know there was an extended version with sights. thats perfect but apparently there out of stock right now, on backorder i didnt see anything about lead times. would you happen to know where i could get one 2day?

also i was thinking of the UTG quad rail b/c it looks pretty long any body have any experience with the UTG, or know if the UTG causes the cycling problems i was reading about with some quad rails?

I put on the UTG rails when I first converted my gun.

It wouldn't cycle low brass at all and it had trouble with some high brass.

I did everything I could think of to it, I polished the internals, drilled out the gas ports, bought the GF gas plug, bought a reduced power recoil spring, and probably more I just can't remember offhand.

It still would jam even with buckshot, I came here and someone suggested I take off the rails, and lo and behold it hasn't had a single FTE since.

If you want the longest sight picture possible go with krebs iron sights and a side mount for a red dot.

Personally, I'm waiting on chaos rails + sights right now.

Edited by KillDozer