Getting ready

Hi everyone. I'm getting ready to start my conversion and had some questions. Anyone use the the CSS trigger guard? Does it lock up solid? I like this one but haven't decided. I also had this idea about using JB weld as the ultimate lock tight for it. I don't have a welder. Is that too crazy or is it a pretty good idea? I don't plan on ever changing it. Can I use any grip I want to with this trigger guard?

Just one more question, I saw a video stating I had to grind part of the safety lever? I thought I only had to mod the FGC?

Sorry to be short but I'm on my lunch break.

Thanks

Edited by redfish28

I have the CSS guard on my S12. I tightened the screws down with some blue thread lock and it hasn't moved a bit. I really like how thick and solid it is, versus the factory guard and other ones that are just bent sheet metal. For a pistol grip I have the Tapco SAW grip, which I chose because of its small storage compartment inside. I would assume most other grips would fit, but you may have to shorten the attaching bolt because the nut is built into the trigger guard rather than located up in the receiver. And lastly, I did not have to do any modifications to the safety selector. It went in just the same as it came out, just make sure you put it in before the BHO lever. Good luck with your conversion. Joe