Super X slugs

I was thinking about keeping a mag in the gun with a single super X 1 oz 2 3/4" HP slug in the top spot with 3 inch remington buckshot in the rest of the mag and chamber. I suppose the top round is the one thats going to deform under the bolt and the slug will help with that. Any problem running these slugs on gas plug setting 1 and will I need to pull the choke off the gun?

Edited by wired

I was thinking about keeping a mag in the gun with a single super X 1 oz 2 3/4" HP slug in the top spot with 3 inch remington buckshot in the rest of the mag and chamber. I suppose the top round is the one thats going to deform under the bolt and the slug will help with that. Any problem running these slugs on gas plug setting 1 and will I need to pull the choke off the gun?

Those slugs will cycle more than sufficiently on gas setting 1, and the choke shouldn't be a problem.

I've (accidentally) fired a few Winchester "Power Point" 2 3/4" slugs, (great ammo btw), through my Polychoke on the X-tra Full setting without any harm done. It's not ideal, but it won't damage your gun or choke.

Edited by post-apocalyptic