Barska scopes on Saiga anyone??

Hey everyone, I just bought me a Saiga and bunch of parts that I am still waiting on recieving but wantet to throw out this question. I went for the BARSKA 1-3X30 IR, MULTI RAIL ELECTRO SIGHT AC11396as a sight for my future rifle and wanted to ask if anyone else has tried it for their rifle setup and how it came out??? I am posting a simple picture of it for now but will be following up on this topic and when I have finished setting mine up I will take pictures of it as well as the results from the range. Just wanted to see if anyone had done the same thing and how they liked it.

post-26718-067936500 1283550295_thumb.jpg

My experience with Barska rifle scopes hasn't been all that great. One of the two had to be returned for a rotating reticle (shipping at my expense).

In the price range for that scope (on sale), you could get Weaver, TruGlo, Leatherwood, Burris, and Leupold, if not more.

A .308 Saiga is a 300-600 yard piece, I think deserving of better optics than a low power scope.

If you're going such low power, you might as well go with a good quality holographic/red-dot IMHO.

Personally, my low power defense weapons are shotguns and 7x39.

Good luck.

My experience with Barska rifle scopes hasn't been all that great. One of the two had to be returned for a rotating reticle (shipping at my expense).

In the price range for that scope (on sale), you could get Weaver, TruGlo, Leatherwood, Burris, and Leupold, if not more.

A .308 Saiga is a 300-600 yard piece, I think deserving of better optics than a low power scope.

If you're going such low power, you might as well go with a good quality holographic/red-dot IMHO.

Personally, my low power defense weapons are shotguns and 7x39.

Good luck.

Well, they are cheapos that cannot be denied, I am going to try it out and see, although there are alot of bad reviews on them there seems to be a couple of them that get decent reviews and again considering where they come from and the cheapo price tag it might work for me as a starter kit. I have been shooting expert on up to 300+ Meters my whole career with ironsights so in worst case scenario I can always resolve to that until I can afford getting me a good one. My low power defence weapon is a Glock 21 followed by a 380 Sig, that rifle is mainly for the time being intended for short range deer hunting, no big stuff yet untill I get back to a real unit. (Got drafted by DA for boredom, A.K.A recruiting) I really just wish there was a good scope within reasonable price range, the triijcons are awesome but with that price tag I must pass. Also considering Bushnell cheapos, might have been a better choice but I have just had a few disappointing experiences with Bushnell regular binos so I stayed shy of them. Later when I get my real bolt action hunting rifle this one will be bumped down to be a powerful assault rifle so I will be ready for the Zombie attack that seems imminent. Will never buy an AR or Beretta for that matter as I think both are junk, wanted something I can rely on 100% to go bang when I need it to. One of these days when I am making the big bucks I will get me an good ACOC on this one, right now, most of my spending went into the rifle, not optics. One another thing I noticed by browsing through reviews, this one type I have not been able to find any bad reviews on yet but plenty on other products from Barsa.

Edited by NonniHerkall

I was buying cheap scopes at first when I started rifle shooting but soon found them to be annoying, not keeping zero, inaccurate adjustments etc. Now I only use them on my .22's. I'd rather buy a used quality scope than a new Chinese one. I have a 4x32 Meopta on my .308 Saiga that I bought used that has held up well. AK isn't the most gentle platform for a scope, after all.