Did you grind off your spring loaded muzzle pin along with the spot weld?

No it is still on there. It catches on the new muzzle brake but I cannot get it to tighten any further to the next notch. I do not want to strip the threads. I thought a crush washer would help solve this problem , but now I think this will not work because of the muzzle pin.

Also the threads go all the way through, so using a die would not work. The muzzle will not affect firing but just know it is a little lose bothers me.

All the way though what?

I think you misunderstand me.

You use a appropriate die thread-die.jpg on your muzzle threads. I suspect you may have bodgered them up removing the muzzle nut.

I looked the threads over, perfectly fine. Maybe it is the muzzle brake?

There is always that possibility.

Since it's a pistol, it's not covered by the 922r, so maybe you can get a take-off from somebody who's built a kit and has a commie one left over.

If I understand your issue, when your slant brake is screwed down flush with the front site base (FSB), the retaining pin doesn't line up with the notch in the brake? If that's it, you have no problem. Those crafty Russians (Romainians, in the case of the Draco) didn't "clock" the threads to the retaining pin, so any muzzle is very likely to have some slop in it. This is not a problem, esp. with the slant brake. If it really bothers you, you might be able to cut another notch in the base of the brake that lines up with the pin when the brake is screwed flush to the FSB. I'd leave it alone.

Edited by mammynun

If I understand your issue, when your slant brake is screwed down flush with the front site base (FSB), the retaining pin doesn't line up with the notch in the brake? If that's it, you have no problem. Those crafty Russians (Romainians, in the case of the Draco) didn't "clock" the threads to the retaining pin, so any muzzle is very likely to have some slop in it. This is not a problem, esp. with the slant brake. If it really bothers you, you might be able to cut another notch in the base of the brake that lines up with the pin when the brake is screwed flush to the FSB. I'd leave it alone.

That is exactly my issue. The slant break is like a "lose tooth". The muzzle pin/retaining pin is in a notch, but just one more half turn and the muzzle brake would be tighter. Oh well, I can live with that.

THANKS!!

That is exactly my issue. The slant break is like a "lose tooth". The muzzle pin/retaining pin is in a notch, but just one more half turn and the muzzle brake would be tighter. Oh well, I can live with that.

THANKS!!

Ahh.

That is not an issue at all.

That is how they're designed.

Please keep in mind that the Kalashnikov is not for folks anal about "tight and smooth". It is a weapon of loose tolerances, which is one reason it's so durable and dependable.