Bolt catching and scratching rounds?

Ive had my S .308 for a while now and love it. The only problem is that when loading the magazine i have to make sure to have the last round loaded be on the right (versus the left in the double stack style). This is because if i have the last round loaded to be on the left it creates a problem. The problem being is when the mag is loaded and i pull back on the bolt carrier it stops on the shell. When inspecting the shell is is burred and scratched. This problem dosnt occur when the shell i loaded on the right. So i looked deeper into this and realized every time i shot the shell that was loaded on the left it ejected with a burr or scratch. I then dismantled the bolt/bolt carrier and found the part on the bolt that was causing the scratches and sanded it down and polished it up with my dermal. The scratches are still showing but not creating burrs nearly as bad. I was wondering if could just sand this part on the bolt until it was flush with the bottom of the bolt carrier that slides over the shells. Would this be a bad idea? I'll try to post a pic if you dont understand what im talking about. Thank you for your time.

http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=52550

Known issue.

Hope this helps.

Also, if you don't know what you are doing, don't mess with it. You can wind up taking a bolt and carrier to the brain. I.E. die.......

I would do some extensive searching on what needs to be done before messing with it. It is a delicate operation and not much grinding/polishing/machining is required at all.

Edited by Stansplace

Could one of the search masters out there please help me find something on the site. I have looked several times on this site for some pics that I used when I was having the exact same problem when I first got my .308. I have been unable to locate them. They showed exactly what material needed to be removed from the third lug on some of the .308's and the thread also mentioned a machining step that had been skipped from the factory on some of them.

I have been trying to help some of the new guys out and think that the thread I am talking about would be beneficial to everyone if I could just locate it.

Help me out please.