Flash Hider + Silencer threading???.

Hey, I have a quick question for you guys, is it possible to get flash hiders that screw on the front for the 308??? Been thinking and would like something like that in place that would allow me to swap over to a silencer but don't know if it is possible. Would be cool to find out if anyone has done that before and how it worked.

You will need to have your S308 correctly threaded for the flash hider/suppressor. It usually has to be done on a lathe so that it is concentric to the bore. If not, you risk baffle strikes from incorrect alignment. I had my S308, which started as a 21.5" barrel, cut back to 18" and threaded. I also had the front sight base moved back and a target crown added. It ran me $200ish.

I have a Yankee Hill Machine Phantom quick detach .308 suppressor. It has mediocre performance compared to some of the high cans and is a tad heavy. But, it is extremely flexible as there are a bunch of quick detach flash hiders in all the major thread patterns. It can also be used on smaller caliber rifles as well. It does double duty on my 5.56 and 6.5 Grendel AR.

3613941113_13fc027f67_z.jpg?zz=1

You will need to have your S308 correctly threaded for the flash hider/suppressor. It usually has to be done on a lathe so that it is concentric to the bore. If not, you risk baffle strikes from incorrect alignment. I had my S308, which started as a 21.5" barrel, cut back to 18" and threaded. I also had the front sight base moved back and a target crown added. It ran me $200ish.

I have a Yankee Hill Machine Phantom quick detach .308 suppressor. It has mediocre performance compared to some of the high cans and is a tad heavy. But, it is extremely flexible as there are a bunch of quick detach flash hiders in all the major thread patterns. It can also be used on smaller caliber rifles as well. It does double duty on my 5.56 and 6.5 Grendel AR.

3613941113_13fc027f67_z.jpg?zz=1

Hey, I am thinking of having the barrel on my 22" cut back and threaded too. I was just curious whether it made your weapon any less accurate. Why did you decide on 18"?

It did not make it less accurate. If anything, it may even be a tad bit more accurate, although I did have a target crown added at the same time. But I never did any serious paper work to compare the before and after. I am very pleased with the accuracy of this rifle.

I really like the 18" barrel length on both .308 and .223 semiauto rifles. It keeps it long enough to keep most of the velocity. But short enough to be handy, especially with the suppressor. I do the vast majority of my shooting at less than 300 yards. But there is a 600 yard plate at the range I go to. The 18" performs perfectly at those ranges.