Saiga 100 30.06

Its not the same design as the other rifles. If you want something in 30.06 try getting a M1 Garand through the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Appleseed attendance qualify for the firearms program so from there you just have to do some paperwork to pick one up for around 500-700 bucks. After using both rounds I prefer the 308 but to each his own.

Its not the same design as the other rifles. If you want something in 30.06 try getting a M1 Garand through the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Appleseed attendance qualify for the firearms program so from there you just have to do some paperwork to pick one up for around 500-700 bucks. After using both rounds I prefer the 308 but to each his own.

Why do you favor the .308?

The 30.06 costs are higher and the wide availability of 308 platforms in particular this one and the Savage Model 10. Inside 500m there is little advantage to the larger round which does give more recoil. The only reason to use the 30.06 is the Garand, its a fine rifle no doubt but I can not justify the expense of another large caliber with so little return. As it is I have both hi-power rifles feeding from the same stores, economically makes sense. Basically the same reasons the US military had for ordering the round.

They have not been imported for some time... Very few came in.

Guess that means odds are I wont get one :cryss:

Not necessariy. Picked up one this year at the the Dallas Market Hall show. Apparently no one (even the owner) knew what he had. Have not yet been able to locate a spare magazine. Centerfire recently had the Saiga bolt action 30.06 models.

They have not been imported for some time... Very few came in.

Guess that means odds are I wont get one :cryss:

Not necessariy. Picked up one this year at the the Dallas Market Hall show. Apparently no one (even the owner) knew what he had. Have not yet been able to locate a spare magazine. Centerfire recently had the Saiga bolt action 30.06 models.

Lucky dog! Good price?