CSS Tromix stock cheek rest

I just wanted to give my initial impressions of this part although I'll have to wait until tomorrow to upload a pic. It arrived super fast from CSS as usual, It's made of metal with a thin layer of foam on top for cushioning. The metal is thick enough to prevent bending but thin enough not to add any significant weight. Four Allen screws hold it to the stock along with a machined metal insert which makes the piece very solid. It can be adjusted to every possible position that I can imagine one would need. The color is just slightly grayer and a little glossier than the stock which kind of gives it a bit of an "add-on" appearance although I don't consider that paramount and I doubt most people would either. I was hoping for a little more padding on top and I think I'm going to add that myself, which should be easy to do. That's just a personal preference and the thin foam strip may be fine for some. If I had made this myself I would have made the top slightly rounder but while the top is flat the corners are rounded plenty enough to give a nice comfortable cheek weld once you have it adjusted for you. I'm very satisfied with it.

• Like 2

I tried to keep it as close to Tromix's competition cheek rest that has been discontinued. I did consider 1/8" foam pad and may go to that if I find everybody prefers that.

Thanks for the input

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.