1 reply to this topic

#1 DogMan

DogMan

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:19 PM

I just wanted to give my initial impressions of this part although I'll have to wait until tomorrow to upload a pic. It arrived super fast from CSS as usual, It's made of metal with a thin layer of foam on top for cushioning. The metal is thick enough to prevent bending but thin enough not to add any significant weight. Four Allen screws hold it to the stock along with a machined metal insert which makes the piece very solid. It can be adjusted to every possible position that I can imagine one would need. The color is just slightly grayer and a little glossier than the stock which kind of gives it a bit of an "add-on" appearance although I don't consider that paramount and I doubt most people would either. I was hoping for a little more padding on top and I think I'm going to add that myself, which should be easy to do. That's just a personal preference and the thin foam strip may be fine for some. If I had made this myself I would have made the top slightly rounder but while the top is flat the corners are rounded plenty enough to give a nice comfortable cheek weld once you have it adjusted for you. I'm very satisfied with it.
  • Mike Rogers and doodi1 like this

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.    - Mark Twain

#2 CarolinaSS

CarolinaSS

Citizen

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
  • FFL_Verified
  • 01FFL
  • Licensed Gunsmith
  • Verified Business

• Company Name:

Carolina Shooters Supply, Inc.

• Company Website:
    CarolinaShootersSupply.com
  • Contact Email:

carolinashooterssupply@yahoo.com

• Contact Phone:

(843) 655-7657

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:26 AM

I tried to keep it as close to Tromix's competition cheek rest that has been discontinued. I did consider 1/8" foam pad and may go to that if I find everybody prefers that.
Thanks for the input

www.CarolinaShootersSupply.com

Saiga Conversion Parts, Vepr & AK47 Magazines and Accessories
Forum members receive a
10% discount off all parts and accessories.
Enter
CSS in the "Promo Discount Code" box on the shopping cart page.

Office hours: Monday-Friday 9am-3pm Eastern Time.

803-547-0701

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users