Scope Mounting Options

Hey All!

I wanted to see what everyone opinion is regarding the mounting of a scope to an AK. I currently have the UTG side scope mount for my SGL 21. I am using a Weaver 2.5-7 Variable Power Scope on it and an shooting 1-1.5 MOA with Federal Ammo. Pretty stinking good for an AK IMHO. I am curious if the Beryl Mount which replaces the rear sight leaf and mounts to the rear receiver tang would be even more sturdy and/or solid than the UTG. I did not OPT for the K-Var one because it was 90 bucks for the same as the UTG. I plan on leaving the scope on the rifle so Irons isn't too much of an issue for me unless I find a rear Peep that folds down. Let me know what you guys think

Thanks

Jason

DPH Beryl rail

http://store.carolin...47-Beryl/Detail

I don't like it for a couple of reasons.

Or

Texas Weapons Systems Dog Leg rail

http://www.blackjack...products_id=858

Have it, use it & love it!

Or

Krebs Custom

http://www.krebscust...ledLocked.shtml

Would have one, but too damned expensive!

vortex1-1.jpg

Edited by ChileRelleno

Hey All!

I wanted to see what everyone opinion is regarding the mounting of a scope to an AK. I currently have the UTG side scope mount for my SGL 21. I am using a Weaver 2.5-7 Variable Power Scope on it and an shooting 1-1.5 MOA with Federal Ammo. Pretty stinking good for an AK IMHO. I am curious if the Beryl Mount which replaces the rear sight leaf and mounts to the rear receiver tang would be even more sturdy and/or solid than the UTG. I did not OPT for the K-Var one because it was 90 bucks for the same as the UTG. I plan on leaving the scope on the rifle so Irons isn't too much of an issue for me unless I find a rear Peep that folds down. Let me know what you guys think

Thanks

Jason

For scope mounting as in long tube and not a little red dot, the top mounts like the dog leg and krebbs version are the most stable.

As an example of the stability concept I am refering to, Molot AK varients in the past usually had side mount brackets but upgraded the mount type to a

top mount for the super veprs for increased stability with larger scopes. Side mounting works well enough within its engineering limits but its not always the best

solution. Even Izhmash the maker of the saiga line has been heading toward a top mount design.

3357331.jpg

2654016-tfb.jpg

newak37.jpg

Edited by my762buzz

I had to beat mine in a rubber mallet. it seems that I messed up the gun issue, but a little. the range can go and do a bit now, but not too bad.. I heard its not a good idea to cover the receiver. Remember that in an AK, the lid is a piece of metal that covers the inside.

Edited by NorbertBell