Advice for mounting UTG quick detach side mount on 7.62x39

I'm having no luck mounting the Leapers UTG 5th Generation Quick Detachable Picatinny-Style Double Rail Mount on my Russian American Armory Saiga, 7.62 x 39. The fit is too tight, regardless of which direction I twist the detach latch. I've read on this forum that a little grease helps, but after measuring the gap it doesn't add up. A couple wacks with a rubber mallet was fun but didn't get me anywhere.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

You can loosen and tighten the screw on the bottom of it and it will change the tension of the latch. Have to mess with it a bit but works once you get the right tightness. I suggest getting it tight enough that you can push it down with a good amount of force. That way it stays on and you can still get it off with a screw driver or whatever.

You can loosen and tighten the screw on the bottom of it and it will change the tension of the latch. Have to mess with it a bit but works once you get the right tightness. I suggest getting it tight enough that you can push it down with a good amount of force. That way it stays on and you can still get it off with a screw driver or whatever.

Thank you. I'll give this another try while adjusting through the screw.

You are trying to slide the mount on from the back to the front right? You make it sound as if you are just trying to put it on from the side. Also, I belive the tension screw is opposite of the normal. It's not righty tighty lefty lossy, its the other way around. Hope this helps.

Yes, you're right, I'm attempting to slide the mount from the back to front, buttstock to muzzle.

That might be my problem with the tension screw, thanks for letting me know it's the opposite of normal screws. I'm probably just making it tighter.

You are trying to slide the mount on from the back to the front right? You make it sound as if you are just trying to put it on from the side. Also, I belive the tension screw is opposite of the normal. It's not righty tighty lefty lossy, its the other way around. Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone for the advice, which turned out to be spot on. It was my assumption that the screws turned in the standard direction. Previously I had over-torqued it in the wrong direction in an attempt to loosen it. Instead, it bent the parallel soft aluminum bar into each other in the center and narrowing the gap between them by half. I was able to reverse the screws to take the tension off, then simply pry them back to parallel, and mount it without any issues.

Thanks again

I just got mine yesterday and noticed that if you have a Leftside folding stock, it will not work. the hinge gets in the way. im sure you dont have that problem but just an FYI.