Diego's first time @ Range with 308

Well the gun was off but consistently! about 3" low and 3" to the left @ 25 yards.!! I ordered the tools to make adjustments from Carolina SS. I put about 40 rounds of Tula through her and she didn't miss a beat. I am going to change the front site to a colored one because I could not see the black on black between the front and rears very well. It's a bioch being 50!! LOL Otherwise I love the gun. So school me real quick. If I am shooting left I want to move the sight to the right? And If shooting Low I want to Lower the front??

Thx for the help!!

Diego

Edited by Diego-ted

The old iron sight dilemma, as much as coloring them sounds logical it does not work nearly that well. I found more success from printing my own targets making them as simple as possible with lots of white.

Scrap the blade sight and try an aperture from KERBS Custom. They make excellent custom parts for the AK and other rifles. You are looking for the 1000 meter version for a Saiga.

peepsights2.jpg

Review of KNS Duplex Front Sight Here. This only works for some people and rifles as the increased size can interfere with the ears and limit windage adjustment drastically. Just too big but some like them.

duplex.gif

Then also from KNS, there are These. - My favorite, sphere inside a circle works nicely with the Krebs or other aperture rear sight. Large and Medium size posts work fine for me and it makes the sight easier to see than a post. I am not sure about the thinnest one seems overly delicate.

akballfull.jpg

Hope it helps

Edited by Rhodes1968

Follow your points of impact with your front sight. If they're hitting left, move the post left. If they're low, lower the post.

I agree with Rhodes1968 about the color of the front sight post. To my eye a flat, flat black presents the best possible silhouette. Colored sights work best for me on guns that are snap-shot like shotgun beads or on a carry handgun. An aperture would make it easier to focus on the front sight

I do like Partridge-style posts rather than round or pointy ones, especially for punching paper.

I put a tritium front-sight post on most of my rifles. I do find it easier to acquire in the daytime as well with the color contrast, although if you switch the rear blade for aperature sight you probably wouldn't have this problem. I used this post: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP865-6.html

Those sights are fine for a rifle you intend as a low light and hence short range tool, the XS post is also good for fast targeting. The max one half turn error in elevation can be distracting if longer ranges are intended but practically speaking it does not amount to much.

When using a front sight to zero the rifle always move the sight in the direction of the error. If shooting high raise the sight if low lower it, if shooting to the right of bullseye move the sight to the right and etc.

Good sight to use to zero AK: http://members.cox.net/wfaulk4/Pics/x39%20targets/AKtarget.jpg

AKtarget.jpg

Edited by Rhodes1968