PSL Furniture Rework

Reshaped the handguards since they were a tad large, and gave them a bit of contour for gripping purposes. The buttstock, even after staining still looks as it did before, just a bit darker, but the handguards turned out beautiful. Unfortunately the pictures don't do it any justice, but here are the before and after photos.

ETA: Also refinished all the metal parts with some engine paint.

post-25308-096355200 1286389545_thumb.jpg

post-25308-055629800 1286389553_thumb.jpg

Edited by VaiFanatic90
  • Like 1

Reshaped the handguards since they were a tad large, and gave them a bit of contour for gripping purposes. The buttstock, even after staining still looks as it did before, just a bit darker, but the handguards turned out beautiful. Unfortunately the pictures don't do it any justice, but here are the before and after photos.

Nice!!

Nice!!

Yeah, the handguards looked and felt like shit. A couple of minutes with the power sander and some different grains of sand paper, and they were solid. Used some dark brown stain to give them a nice color. Sanded and steel wool-ed after to give it a smooth feel. I'm not going to coat it with urethane, because I don't want that glossy look, plus it always makes it feel sticky.

Nice!!

Yeah, the handguards looked and felt like shit. A couple of minutes with the power sander and some different grains of sand paper, and they were solid. Used some dark brown stain to give them a nice color. Sanded and steel wool-ed after to give it a smooth feel. I'm not going to coat it with urethane, because I don't want that glossy look, plus it always makes it feel sticky.

It really looks bitch'n! I would like wood on some of my Saigas but am unsure how heavy they are. The foreign wood is nice but I need my us mades for 922r compliance. And I hear the tapco wood by timbersmith is shotty. Maybe one day. Thats really sweet looking though. I agree, no urethane, it is sticky and glossy.

Edited by AZG

Nice!!

It really looks bitch'n! I would like wood on some of my Saigas but am unsure how heavy they are. The foreign wood is nice but I need my us mades for 922r compliance. And I hear the tapco wood by timbersmith is shotty. Maybe one day. Thats really sweet looking though. I agree, no urethane, it is sticky and glossy.

Haven't you seen my x39? It's got the timbersmith black laminate on it. The buttstock is a little higher than normal by the tang, but that doesn't bother me. The weight it perfect for me, I don't have any complaints.

Nice!!

Haven't you seen my x39? It's got the timbersmith black laminate on it. The buttstock is a little higher than normal by the tang, but that doesn't bother me. The weight it perfect for me, I don't have any complaints.

no, im gonna have to look again. Well, your one good review trumps the one bad review ive herd about it, so perhaps ill pick a set up. Do you have the upper hand guard for the gas tube? did you have to twist it on or how did that work?

Thanks,

Greg

Nice!!

no, im gonna have to look again. Well, your one good review trumps the one bad review ive herd about it, so perhaps ill pick a set up. Do you have the upper hand guard for the gas tube? did you have to twist it on or how did that work?

Thanks,

Greg

Yeah, it just twists on and off on the gas tube like it does on a wasr, or bulgy ak-74. You'll obviously need the correct gas tube for it, since the stock saiga one lacks a retainer.

Nice!!

Thanks,

Greg

Yeah, it just twists on and off on the gas tube like it does on a wasr, or bulgy ak-74. You'll obviously need the correct gas tube for it, since the stock saiga one lacks a retainer.

Right, Have the retainer gas tubes on all of my saigas except the 12. Had to twist on the plastic kvar one but wasnt sure about the wood. So I was looking for that pic you were talking about and I stumbled onto another Fightclub topic "myguns" dont these guys ever give up. I thought they were gone. obviously not. Kinda funny again. im only on the first page. crazy

Nice!!

Thanks,

Greg

Right, Have the retainer gas tubes on all of my saigas except the 12. Had to twist on the plastic kvar one but wasnt sure about the wood. So I was looking for that pic you were talking about and I stumbled onto another Fightclub topic "myguns" dont these guys ever give up. I thought they were gone. obviously not. Kinda funny again. im only on the first page. crazy

Most of them were banned already, hahahaha. The photo is under the x39 forum portion. Under the "post a pic.. blah blah"

Nice!!

Thanks,

Greg

Most of them were banned already, hahahaha. The photo is under the x39 forum portion. Under the "post a pic.. blah blah"

ok cool, Im searching now.

Nice!!

Thanks,

Greg

ok cool, Im searching now.

You'll find it, I have faith in you, young one.