These are knives that I've been working on for a while, I was doing the Titanium thing and decided to go back to the drawing board and re-examine fit and finish as well as durability and value for money. My mission is really pretty simple and boils down to this: take a good steel, use a cool and functional design that you won't necessarily get anywhere else, grind it the way I'd want it to be used and let the work do the talking.

I don't have sheaths for these because they are prototype models, I have production ones but they're slightly different and I just haven't enough time between school and the production knives to make sheaths especially for the proto's.

Ground rules: I'm a brand new knife maker and as such I'm filling orders left and right, these knives are available subject to change without notice. I only list on forums what isn't sold directly to individuals who have orders with me. Right now I cannot accept orders, I'm simply too busy trying to get production up and running AND balance this with school. For fastest contact on these, here's my contact address: wvmoon1117@gmail.com. To be perfectly honest, I dont get on the S12 forum much anymore, so this is probably the best way to get ahold of me if you see something you want.

First is my big combat knife, the BFK. This one is a little nicer than my normal production knives, it's hand chisel ground, tho this is a zero grind instead of what I normally do which is a standard chisel. It has a Gotham spine, which allows you to choke up on the blade in multiple ways and get plenty of control over finer cutting. The finish is hand rubbed satin, handles are made from hand made homegrown G10 with my logo milled into them by hand. The blade steel is 1095, tho unfortunately I couldn't coax a hamon (differential heat treat lines) out of it. There are a couple imperfections in the steel as it's forged steel, but I did my best to get it as flat as possible on the flats. Handle is secured using a system of locking ball bearings and JB weld, I carry one of the production knives almost everywhere I go and it's a sick chopper and hasn't let me down.

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

I value the proto at around 150$, it's a helluva lot of work to do all that stuff by hand. I realize that's not cheap so I'm open to trades for Ruger Mini 14 factory .223 mags, Saiga .223 SGM mags or tactical gear. Butterfly knives and automatics are also cool and will be considered on an individual basis. Cash plus trades works, as does silver or gold bouillon.

Next up is a mini EDC fixed blade prototype, again handmade and slightly nicer than my production versions of the knife. Hand rubbed satin finish, chisel zero grind and Gotham spine design make for a wicked sharp compact little EDC knife that's small and light yet capable of cutting bigger than it's size. The blade is 2 inches long, so make no mistake this is a small knife, but it fits in the hand well. I designed the handle to be held with the middle and ring fingers and the index finger chokes against the very front of the handle, allowing the thumb to rest in one of the spine grooves for a very secure grip. The constant belly of the blade makes an excellent slicer for EDC tasks. Again, unlike my production blades which use waterjet blanks and CNC milled bevels, this one is 100% handmade from forged 1095.

IMG_0963.jpg

I value the knife around 75$ or equivalent trade value, would love to get a chest rig in trade, or two ounces of silver bouillon

Moon Custom Knives

glad to see you and your work back on here Floyd. still don't have the funds available right now for one of your creations, but i'll keep dreaming... :)

Well the good news is I'm getting better everyday, just trying to makes some badass stuff. I have enough sales to keep me and my mill and grinder fed so I'm happy right now. Working on folding knives now, should be fun.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.