New 12 conversion, trigger doesnt reset after firing, also fail to fee

I took my three latest projects out to old family land to test out today, my range being closed due to idiocy. Damned if there weren't poachers there I had to deal with, but thats beside the point.

12 #1, md20 wouldnt lock up, but otherwise ran perfect. Should be an easy ten seconds with the dremel.

12 #2, trigger stays stuck back after firing, and had to be pushed forward in order to fire a second time. I havent opened it up yet in case I need to look for something specific before I start messing. Im hoping this is an easy fix. This one DOES have a BHO if it matters.

5.45, First round (from russian 45 round mag) pushed right below the chamber, a total miss. This happened a few times in a row. When I charged it slowly and guided it in with my finger, it then ran flawless to my amazement. B/c of the poachers I could only run 15 rounds through it and couldnt start a new mag. However missing the chamber is major cause for worry.

All these are virgins since conversion. Any advice appreciated.

I took my three latest projects out to old family land to test out today, my range being closed due to idiocy. Damned if there weren't poachers there I had to deal with, but thats beside the point.

12 #1, md20 wouldnt lock up, but otherwise ran perfect. Should be an easy ten seconds with the dremel.

12 #2, trigger stays stuck back after firing, and had to be pushed forward in order to fire a second time. I havent opened it up yet in case I need to look for something specific before I start messing. Im hoping this is an easy fix. This one DOES have a BHO if it matters.

5.45, First round (from russian 45 round mag) pushed right below the chamber, a total miss. This happened a few times in a row. When I charged it slowly and guided it in with my finger, it then ran flawless to my amazement. B/c of the poachers I could only run 15 rounds through it and couldnt start a new mag. However missing the chamber is major cause for worry.

All these are virgins since conversion. Any advice appreciated.

On the S12 trigger not resetting. Make sure the legs of the main spring are on the back of the trigger. You may need to put a small bend in the right arm towards the BHO to keep it on the trigger.

The 5.45 will need a bullet guide. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-MAGAZINES-dsh-DRUMS-cln-SAIGA-5.45X39/Categories

Just a couple of seconds with a dremel to fit your MD-20 will likely fuck it up real good...

Dremels remove material FAST & only a tiny bit needs to be removed.

About 2 minuets of fitting it, as per the instructions with a small file will get it just right.

Do refer to the instructions.

The fitting IS NOT how most would look at it & think it would be.

Edited by Paulyski

On the S12 trigger not resetting. Make sure the legs of the main spring are on the back of the trigger. You may need to put a small bend in the right arm towards the BHO to keep it on the trigger.

The 5.45 will need a bullet guide. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-MAGAZINES-dsh-DRUMS-cln-SAIGA-5.45X39/Categories

The right leg of the spring was on the trigger but kind of laying diagonally across it and the "foot" was not on the back like it is supposed to be. Hopefully that will fix it.

I thought I had read on several occasions that only the x39 needed a guide. I am still dumbfounded that the thing ran perfectly after the first round was in.

I recently did a conversion on a rifle myself. I ordered the "kit" from Dinzag which included the correct drill bit for the pilot hole and the correct tap for the included screw. Im sure if you knew the right size drill bit/tap size you could go with what can be found locally. Look around on this forum for all the info posted on installing bullet guides.