HELP With Stock Set Decision !!

I just sent my Saiga 12 in for pistol grip conversion. I am having trouble deciding what Stock Set to go with. Has anyone tried the AMD 65 Style folder with forward grip ?? I think I want to go with folder just need recomendations, pros/cons. All help appreciated. I am new to this forum but respect the knowledge of the PROS I have seen post here.

Thanks

Welcome to Saiga12 man.

Have you ever used an AMD folder before? To me it was very uncomfortable, offers no cheek weld, and didn't help any of the recoil at all.

If you are going for a side folder, I would recommend either the Romy or East german folders, or one of ACE's Galil style folders. the ACE is especially comfortable for me. I just use a regular Kvar type fixed stock on my S12, but will be changing it out to an ACE folder with internal receiver block like on my SAR1 as soon as a few other projects are taken care of.

As far as the forward P grip goes, I really like them on the S12. THe only problem I have with mine is that it works itself loose while firing anything other than 2 3/4in cheap walmart bird shot. But mine is a cheap rail mount forward grip, and not an AMD style.

Good luck.

IJ

Edited by Integratedj
  • 2 weeks later...

i have done this conversion with the amd 63 folding stock and front grip be ware you have to remove th whole tang thing and cut in to your reciever you also have to rivit the rear trunion in so you will need access to an arbor press and the long rivits from russia in the end you get an awsome "saiga 63" the small stock is the only draw back