AK built from kit on NoDak Spud receiver, can I sell it?

If I buy one of the many kits available, slap in the 922r compliance parts and throw it all on a NoDak Spud receiver, can I sell the AK when finished? Or do I need to be a freaking manufacturing FFL?

Century has romanian or bulgarian (can't remember which) kits with 1975 US made barrels for about $190.

Thanks!

jkpq45

Edited by jkpq45

You can sell it. You cant make one with a bended flat though.

Thanks Match, I figured I;d be OK as NoDak puts a serial number on it, so technically, they make the "firearm" (as in the receiver). As long as I'm 922r compliant.

What does your typical screwed-together kit go for? $250? $350?

Thanks again for the info,

jkpq45

Edited by jkpq45

Uh actually you can't do it with intent to profit.

You can build one, then sometime later decide you want something else and sell it for a profit.

But "Manufacturing" is a little more broad then who makes the receiver. Like if you take a Mosin Nagant and put a scope on and bend the bolt, you have actually manufactured a firearm. You are ok to sell it yourself sometime later, but you can't make it to sell.

Edit: I'd suggest that since you have already posted this, that you avoid selling anything like that for the next few years.

Read for yourself

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/manufacturers.html#dealer-gunsmithing

Let me clarify my intentions as this is getting away from my original intent.

I do not intend to put together firearms and sell them at a profit to generate revenue.

I simply want to put together a few rifles for my personal collection; if I choose to sell them at a future date (using a NoDak receiver, completely made by someone else AND assuming I am in compliance with 922r) I just wanted to make sure I could get rid of them and not have to keep them forever like if I had created the receiver myself (as in from a flat).

Edited by jkpq45

If you had not publicly posted your intent to build a gun and then sell it for a profit ....

then very likely you would experience zero problems.

But now .... :unsure:

Good luck

Harv

Hi Harv,

Thanks for the concern, but please refer to my previous post clarifying my intent. I just want to make sure if I put together a few rifles for my personal collection, then decide to sell them in the future, that I wouldn't be in violation of any laws.

I'm really not trying to be shady, underhanded or law-breaking; if I didn't care about the law I wouldn't have said anything in the first place I would've just done whatever I wanted but that's not my idea of a good law abiding US citizen :)