looking for a good company to send my saiga too

I had my saiga 12 converted by a gunsmith who i thought was doing a good job but. the trigger wont reset which i mean it will feed a couple times then you have to push the trigger forward to get it to fire, sometimes it will shoot a couple times then it will happen, im using surefire mags, i have 1 md drum and 1 20 promag drum and it happends on any mag, But if you dry fire it the trigger resets it self fine, only when you shoot it, Ive taken back several times to the gunsmith but apperently he cant figure it out, so thats why i'm looking for a company to send it too, so they can go competely through the whole gun and redo or fix anything they find.

Thanks for your reply's

Remove the top cover and take a picture of the fire control group if you can and post it. Sounds like an issue with your hammer spring.

Edit: Are you using a shepards crook or a retaining plate for the pins?

Edited by KC913

Remove the top cover and take a picture of the fire control group if you can and post it. Sounds like an issue with your hammer spring.

Retaining plate

Retaining plate

post-20864-0-41467600-1289596956_thumb.jpg

post-20864-0-33066700-1289597056_thumb.jpg

Your BHO is pushing the right side of the mainspring toward the center of the trigger's legs. This is a VERY common issue post-conversion.

The end of the spring leg needs to be seated all the way toward the right (BHO side) of the gun, meaning the parts of the springs that are bent to hook over the trigger legs to keep the spring from slipping off should be touching the inside surfaces of the trigger legs.

This provides for a touch more leverage to reset the trigger.

You can do it with a pair of pliers in less than 1 minuet.

A slight outward bend in the center of the BHO side of the leg of the spring should fix the problem.

I'm sure it would fix the problem with the factory spring, but yours is reduced power.

You're running a reduced power mainspring... Why?

Also, a drop of oil on the trigger axis wouldn't hurt.

ETA;

Why is there a cutout on the receiver for a double-hook when you're running a single hook FCG?

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1

Your BHO is pushing the right side of the mainspring toward the center of the trigger's legs. This is a VERY common issue post-conversion.

The end of the spring leg needs to be seated all the way toward the right (BHO side) of the gun, meaning the parts of the springs that are bent to hook over the trigger legs to keep the spring from slipping off should be touching the inside surfaces of the trigger legs.

This provides for a touch more leverage to reset the trigger.

You can do it with a pair of pliers in less than 1 minuet.

A slight outward bend in the center of the BHO side of the leg of the spring should fix the problem.

I'm sure it would fix the problem with the factory spring, but yours is reduced power.

You're running a reduced power mainspring... Why?

Also, a drop of oil on the trigger axis wouldn't hurt.

ETA;

Why is there a cutout on the receiver for a double-hook when you're running a single hook FCG?

thats what carolina shooting supply sold me they told me it would help with a better and smother trigger,

Well, just try the slight outward bends to get the ends of the spring legs seated on the trigger legs, put a drop of oil on the axis pin, & try it.

If it still fails to reset, swap it for the old heavier spring.

Here's a video that will help explain the process for you.

Well, just try the slight outward bends to get the ends of the spring legs seated on the trigger legs, put a drop of oil on the axis pin, & try it.

If it still fails to reset, swap it for the old heavier spring.

Here's a video that will help explain the process for you.

I dont have the old heavier spring the gunsmith kept it and when i called to see if he still had it he said no. I'm going to try the first plan. If that dont do it where can i get another heavier spring

thanks for your help