I was at my local gun show in Raleigh NC today and found a unissued looking Cugir Romanian SKS. Ended up trading a guy a knife for it, but don't know much about SKS rifles. I know how they operate and take down, but that's about it. Mainly what I'm curious about is my new rifle's history, the date of manufacture and where to find this info on the rifle. It's a fine gun, has the bayo, milled receiver, all the number match, original finish, everything. I believe it to be a 1960 because I see those numbers on the side following a RD number. It's really just a beautiful rifle and I'd like to know a little about it. Any SKS guys want to help me out?

Also, a great wellspring of knowledge for those rifles is Survivor's SKS Boards. Hate to say it, but I've never seen an 'Unissued' Romanian: you may well have a collector-refurbed SKS, but hey, if it looks great and runs great... It's all win!

Could you post some photographs when you have a spare moment? I'd love to see it!

MN hit it on the nose, those guys will know everything about the weapon, that is where I went to find out my Chinese SKS, the only thing is I would post pics along with your questions..... Or you will get answers like this:

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

...the only thing is I would post pics along with your questions..... Or you will get answers like this:

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

That's because it is. Duh... <_<

It is missing it's cleaning rod and has a couple dings on the stock, but overall I'm impressed with the gun so far. Shot about 20 rounds thru it, I only was able to find one box of wolf at the local gun show, go figure. They were literally sold out of 7.62x.39. Anyway I'm pretty impressed with it's ability to blow apart concrete chunks from our solar panel install. The gun is a 1960, obviously had to have been issued at some point but it has no remanufacture marks and all matching numbers. Blueing all looks excellent and the bolt is nice and shiny with no imperfections. How do y'all think I did?

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

Pretty slick. Did it come with the cleaning kit/multitool in the buttstock?

Yep, sure did. As far as the sling, I'm looking. I just threw an eagle sling I had laying around on it because I like three points, but I intend on putting the era correct article on it.