4 piece Bulgarian style flash hiders

I have been wandering how the 4 piece bulg. cone flash hider would work on full size weapon. this is from another post. It doesn't look bad but what is front end weight like. from this you tube Video it doesn't sound like it creates any more noise then a weapon without one. anyone have any input night videos etc? It may be a mute point as i have just done a quick search and these things can be expensive u.s. made and then you have to add more weight for thread adapter. still would be interesting to find out more info.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=59836

As far as I know, those flash hiders are supposed to also serve as a "booster" meaning that they increase the pressure inside the barrel helping to ensure reliable cycling of a short barreled AK. It would probably be fine in a full barreled rifle, but might cause it to cycle more violently. It may or may not lead to problems after a while, but I can't really say for sure.

bigsal is that your weapon in the pic? How does the beer can do for flash, recoil, noise, accuracy, weight and handling characteristics. Give us more info and video if you can.

Not mine. I stole the pic from cnc warrior who will be putting these out soon according to a series of posts on another forum.

I've got one on a .223 that gets it to 16" and on a 7" x39 pistol build. Probably the best thing I've found to kill the flash and back blast on the pistol. Originally I chose it as a booster on the pistol, but it runs fine without it. Also has no ill effects on the .223. Pics in my gallery link.

Edited by 6500rpm
  • 3 weeks later...

As far as I know, those flash hiders are supposed to also serve as a "booster" meaning that they increase the pressure inside the barrel helping to ensure reliable cycling of a short barreled AK. It would probably be fine in a full barreled rifle, but might cause it to cycle more violently. It may or may not lead to problems after a while, but I can't really say for sure.

Yes, it does function as a booster and is intended for SBRs. Problems have been known to occur when used on full-length rifles.