Yawn.Yakdung

I know you say yawn, because it's been like this since '53, but I'm just wondering how much more shit the South is going to take.

Been keeping an eye on that today. Its looking pretty intense. Hrm I wonder what would happen if American troops had been harmed. :unsure:

Probably no different.

Sorry but is bigger that a couple of bombs back and forth. China and Russia could stop this tomorrow but choose not to do anything about it. China loves this because they know it is a royal pain in our ass. I suggest first a couple of strategically placed MOAB's for a wake up call. If that doesn't work, we need to finish the job and turn that place into a sheet of glass. Then give North Korea back to Japan.

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung
I suggest first a couple of strategically placed daisy cutters for a wake up call. If that doesn't work, we need to finish the job and turn that place into a sheet of glass. Then give North Korea back to Japan.

Sorry, why is this any business of ours? We should pull all our troops out and let the South Koreans deal with it themselves.

Hrm I wonder what would happen if American troops had been harmed. :unsure:

Absolutely nothing but a bunch of tough talk towards them. The US will act tough, but in reality, we will do nothing to them. North Korea is backed by China, who would immediately demand payment in full for all of their loans to the US if we attempted to take military action against them. If that happened, this country would cease to exist on the global economic marketplace. It kind of reminds me of King Kong. We will stand on top of the Empire State Building beating our chests with disapproval until being knocked back down to ground level. A really sad state of affairs that we are in right now.

I suggest first a couple of strategically placed daisy cutters for a wake up call. If that doesn't work, we need to finish the job and turn that place into a sheet of glass. Then give North Korea back to Japan.

Sorry, why is this any business of ours? We should pull all our troops out and let the South Koreans deal with it themselves.

United States and South Korea are allied by the 1953 mutual defense treaty. Technically we are still at war with North Korea and have chosen to honor an our agreement. It would be bad in my view to allow a technology transfer to a rogue nation such as the North if it floods the South. I guess I just hate communists as it is in my blood. I would much prefer to see Japan take north Korea back somehow but I know that's a real stretch.

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung

United States and South Korea are allied by the 1953 mutual defense treaty.

Time to pull out of the treaty. It does no benefit for us, and puts our soldiers in needless danger.

Technically we are still at war with North Korea and have chosen to honor an our agreement.

I don't believe Congress ever declared war, so I don't think that's true.