No more FTE for Me

Hey peepl. I was having a problem with my S12, Failure To Eject the spent round. I had lots of tips and hints and info from alot of great peeps. Here is wat i did to fix it. I started with polishing up the bolt and bolt carrier. Have a nice finish and it did feel a little smoother. Ok back out to my buddys house to try it out. Using Federal 1/8 birdshot I loaded up my 12 Rnd Mag. Setting 2 for light loads Fired, and failed, cleared the round with my hand, round 2 fail rnd 3 and 4 all failed. Fumes mentioned in one of our conversations(thanks fumes)taking off the aftermarket guard or rails and puting the stock guard back on. so I took off the qaud rail, reloaded the mag . This is wat i got . shot 1 through 12 fed awsome every shell ejectect with no failures. 2nd mag12 rnds again with the gaurd off. as fast as i could pull the trigger 12 rnds all ran great no failures. so i put the gaurd or rail back on and clamp it up tight. Next mag rnd one fail, rnd 2 fail 3 4 5 6 7 8 9etc all fail to eject. Took the top rail off of the two piece guard rail so i could use the forgrip left the bottom pice on. next 2 mags all rnds cleared as fast as i could pull, no failures. So Im guessing the qaud rails clamp down on the gun too tight and causes the weapon to FTE. I hope this helps anyone who has this problem. My shoulder is alittle sore today but it was fun after I wored out all the bugs. Again I just wanted to say thanks too everyone for all you coments and info and suggestions they helped. Ill try to post pics of it when i get a chance. Have a great turkey day everyone.

Thanx fumes great help. I got the UTG quAd rail. I did use the mounting hole but it clamps together. I think i can make some spacer platz so it tightens up without clamping too much into the gas tub.

Could you maybe drill a hole in the UTG rail to solve the problem?

Thanx fumes great help. I got the UTG quAd rail. I did use the mounting hole but it clamps together. I think i can make some spacer platz so it tightens up without clamping too much into the gas tub.

Could you maybe drill a hole in the UTG rail to solve the problem?

Thats kinda what I was thinking, just an oversize hole, should be fine I'd think. Worth a try anyway.

No the rail doesnt obstruct the hole at all. It was how tight the two piece rail gaurd was fit. If it was tightened down enuff it wasnt secure and would wobble. So it clamps down on the gas tube kinda bending it when it was tightened enuff to not wobble. I have the same type of rail for my saiga .223 and it runs fine tightened all the way down. But i took it off and shot it with no gaurd or anything and everyshot ran great. It beat the shit out of my shoulder though lol.

When you have your top rail on, did you check if the 6 cap screws are touching the gas tube when fully tightened? Also, how far did you tighten the upper piece to the bottom rail piece? I did not crank the 4 screws all the way down and have slighty less than 1/8" clearance between the upper clamp piece and the bottom rail.

Hmmm... I think a less than straight op-rod causes the FTE by slightly rubbing on the gas tube. I know mine rides less than perfectly centered within the tube.

I didnt check the space just made it tight enuff not to wobble. But every shot with the top clamped on FTEed on me and i take the top part off and flawlessly it ran.