Lower handguard groove

Ok so i bought one of those bolt-on handguard retainers from CSS and i got it on fine and everything, but im a bit worried that the groove i ground out of the barrel for the bolt to fit through is too deep. How deep is too deep on that part of the barrel? it looks to me to be the thickest part so i hope im just being paranoid. Also anyone know where i can find a real 74 break for cheaps?

5225756532_2a832ce1eb_b.jpg

Edited by CHOP SUEY

Hey good job bud. Looks like you got it pretty good. Does the retainer fit ok and not wobble? The length of the HG where it fits and the top notch in the barrel is what really makes the difference.

Here's what one looks like from Izhmash, just for reference....

post-1293-0-24662900-1291276972_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-11173400-1291276958_thumb.jpg

From those pics it looks like my depth is ok which is what I was worried about, the retainer shifts a little bit forward and back so I think my divot is wider than it should be, but when I tighten the bolt pretty good it doesn't move at all. I just didn't want my barrel to explode or something crazy like that, especially after all the $ I put into this thing