Some questions on AK maintenence

So I understand that I should not lube, or in my case apply any CLP to the piston, gas tube, and gas port or it will cause buildup correct? In that case how should I prevent rust in these areas?

When getting ready to fire it make sure the gas chamber and firing pin hole hole are bone dry.

Why should they be ''bone dry''?

Because if they're lubed up, all it will do is crud up with fouling. You foul up your gas system, then you'll have cycling problems. You crud up your firing pin hole, and your firing pin might not be able to strike the primer with enough force to pierce the primer.

Well, that's the idea, anyway.

Ok so I got this pretty down. I asked some other forums to get additional info. From everything I have heard this is what I understand:

1) I shouldnt even mess with the gas system unless I am having a problem.

2) If there is a problem use a solvent like hoppes to clean out the gas port then wipe it out.

3) If I do have a blockage use some sort of dental type pick to (carefully) clear the obstruction

4) dont lube the gas system solvents are fine though but make sure to wipe them away.

Also on a final note before I let this thread die I wanted to ask this.

I have some of this remington shotgun cleaner/ degreaser it dries instantly. If I do encounter a problem would this be good to use in order to clear out any problems in the gas port? I heard that using this will remove any protection from rust in the gas port though and will leave it 'naked' and open to rust forming under the chrome. But what if I used the degreaser, then used a tiny bit of hoppes for protection then wipe clean? would this work?

All in all does this seem good? and what do you have to say about the last question good idea or bad idea?

Again thanks this thread has helped a lot.

pic is the degreaser/cleaner I am talking about.

post-26270-0-54972600-1292143388_thumb.jpg