The 7-4 Biatholon is a sweet rifle. the straight bolt toggle on all the biatholons from RAAC are manipulable by your thumb, actually, and overall, all the models are sweet.

Its on my list of "guns to buy", actually. around 1400-1500, it will have to wait for now.

Extremely accurate guns, those.

• Like 1

Phil,

Thanks for the link, but that one's a lefty and won't work for me.

Caspian,

There is a guy that used to shoot at the rifle range and he was super fast (and accurate) with his. The thumb bolt is a slick device.

BVamp,

Do you know anything about the barrels? I see mention of "cold" barrels that work to 20* but have no idea what that means. Do they float them differently or is the steel different?

I dont know what the process is that they use, but the barrels are probably cold forged steel. the quality of the biathlon series is very high.

even the 22mag versions shoot wickedly accurate with the right load, and the 22 mag is notorious for being inaccurate, so just that fact alone should tell you something about these rifles.

if you miss with one of these rifles, you did something wrong. its basically that simple.