Retaining plate mod

I noticed on another thread someone was saying that on the .308, that you had to file down the retaining plate for it to clear. I haven't saved up the money to convert mine yet, but would like to know if someone could provide a rough (or perfect) drawing of how and where the plate needs to be modded?

Thanks so much y'all for your help! I am proud to be a part of this group for it is truly the best forum online!

Far as I know there are only two basic types of retainer plates--one for rifles and the other for the S12. Look at Krebs' website. Don't you ever read gun parts websites that say 'minor fitting may be required' to the guy who reported tweaking his .308?

It's really easy. Replace your pins without the FCG. Slide the retaining plate on so you can easily what is stopping it(Usually one of the rivets holding the scope mount on). Mark the spot on the plate where it touches. Grind a little bit off the plate, check the fit. repeat until it fits. You shouldn't have to grind more than 3/16 of an inch deep.