Any experience with Binocularsmart.com?

So Binocularsmart.com has a site which indicates they are selling PK-AS red dots for $230! This seems ridiculously cheap since Kalinkaoptics.com is selling the same red dot for $350! What is going on here? Is the first site a huge scam or an outrageous deal or is the second site way over priced? Are there any other good reliable vendors of these awesome red dots? What is the going rate for one? Specifically, I am interested in the left sitting one (the PK-AS-C or PK-AS-S or just PK-AS depending on who is talking about it). Thanks all.

http://www.binocularsmart.com/scopes/pk-as-red-dot-rifle-scope-akm-ak-saiga-vepr-sight-russian-military-sniper.shtml

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-scopes/red-dot/pk-as-dual-black-dot-red-dot-tactical-combat-sight-ak-version.html

Edited by son_of_liberty

They are out of business but their website is still up and charging people. Several people on AR15.com have supposedly had their CC's charged and no goods delivered.

A few years ago I got screwed on a deal when I tried to buy a black POSP scope.

I called to confirm they had it in stock, they said yes but then shipped a grey version instead. They said they would exchange it with the black one and once again shipped another grey one. After I called to complain they admitted they didn't have the black version and didn't know when they would get it in, then refused to refund the shipping charges 'because that was their policy'. In the end I had no scope and was out 4 sets of shipping. They had an attitude problem even though (in retrospect) they knew full well they didn't have what I asked for in stock.

I can only imagine that customer service like that is what drove them out of business and IMO good riddance. Stick with Kalinka or Eastwave, prices are higher these days unfortunately but at least they have them. I've spent thousands with both companies and never been burned.

Z

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, just looked and I didn't order from binocular smart, got it here http://www.eastwavescope.com

I ordered A PK-A for $159 ended up being $199 with shipping before I saw this post. Got it yesterday, took about 10 days from when I ordered it. Works great, I'm happy with it.

They are out of business but their website is still up and charging people. Several people on AR15.com have supposedly had their CC's charged and no goods delivered.

A few years ago I got screwed on a deal when I tried to buy a black POSP scope.

I called to confirm they had it in stock, they said yes but then shipped a grey version instead. They said they would exchange it with the black one and once again shipped another grey one. After I called to complain they admitted they didn't have the black version and didn't know when they would get it in, then refused to refund the shipping charges 'because that was their policy'. In the end I had no scope and was out 4 sets of shipping. They had an attitude problem even though (in retrospect) they knew full well they didn't have what I asked for in stock.

I can only imagine that customer service like that is what drove them out of business and IMO good riddance. Stick with Kalinka or Eastwave, prices are higher these days unfortunately but at least they have them. I've spent thousands with both companies and never been burned.

Z

Edited by taylordc15

Eastwave is the shizzle, never had a problem with them and recently received a PK-A and the very new PK01-VS. I've actually spent thousands of dollars of the years with Eastwave and Kalinka as well, both have been good to go.

Z