Health care premiums for Active duty military???

Just saw on the news that "they" are considering "raising" health care premiums on active duty military...

Do active duty have to pay now?

When I was in, everything was covered... Whether you liked it or not.

I mean, it only makes sense.... A sick solder isn't worth a shit on the battle field & is in fact, a liability, so healthcare was not just free, but mandatory.

You don't "decide" to go to the dentist... Your superior officer tells you to get your ass to the dental appointment that was automatically scheduled for you.

Did something change?

If so when?

And WTF was who thinking?

The concept is ridiculous.

Negative and negative: this was covered on Fox News today while I was at work.

Gates wants higher premiums for RETIRED, WORKING AGE servicemembers and their families. Active duty will NOT, repeat NOT have to pay for anything, as is current policy.

We write a blank check for up to, and including, our lives. It's part of the deal.

• Like 3

Negative and negative: this was covered on Fox News today while I was at work.

Gates wants higher premiums for RETIRED, WORKING AGE servicemembers and their families. Active duty will NOT, repeat NOT have to pay for anything, as is current policy.

We write a blank check for up to, and including, our lives. It's part of the deal.

Thanks for the clarification.

The news story I saw must have left out the retired part.

For those who think soldiers should have to pay for medical insurance, or even have the option of not having healthcare, picture having someone with a bad toothache on watch.

They are not at full capacity.

They may not notice something, then, bang. Their whole unit gets killed.

Part of our security is our military being able to operate at their highest level of functioning.

Trust me, I've stood before the man & gotten my ass reamed because & was out for a run on base when the base's power went out & I tripped because of a pothole, busting open my chin. The soldiers don't abuse it... It's just a necessity.