New 20 round drum dump high def video range report

Some may remember my post from a few weeks ago here.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=61016&st=0&p=582155&fromsearch=1entry582155

Well I haven't made it to the range aka my desert until today.

Messed around and took a video and did some editing here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey4RzTqjYxI

All I can say is thank god my Saiga 12 is now working 100% with MD 20 round drum and federal 100 round value packs.

5 drum dumps today and all went 100% flawless. The MD arms V Gas Plug is a big reason it works so well imo, what an awesome product.

I duno why but I think because the way the gas is forced into the deep grove causes maybe extra pressure and it allows the gas to pressurize the piston better than the stock plug. The V plug even partially covers one of my holes and it still works better than stock, as my holes were off centered and i had to file the gas block with the D shape file mod posted here :)

I also found that 15 round walmart Winchester value pack XB1200 00buck even likes a little gas for more reliability as i set it to 3 and it worked perfect, that ammo is rated 1325 fps, and the 5 settings on the plug do wonders for custom gassing. I bet the least setting or - would be perfect for high powered slugs. Also the federal wouldn't fire reliably on anything but + the most open setting, and they fired 100% on it :) This tells me with the plug the gun isn't over gassed at all but perfect.

I am now really excited to go back to the range and buy more ammo lol. Man it's been a long long process but she is finally a gun I'm proud of. I bought her back in June 09, and she would only cycle slugs or high powered buck out of the box.

Without this forum I would of been lost, thanks to all you geniuses out there who love to tinker and help us newbies, you know who you are. Now my gift back to you is this video and more to come. I just need to start thinking of cool stuff to go blow up and shoot in the desert.

Oh at the end I thought I was hot stuff and started doing 1 handed shots with factory mag and federal value pack. This resulted in semi reliability but a few fail to extracts. But still impressive it cycled the weak federal stuff. I bet with higher loads it will cycle even better, any input is welcome on this. You never know if your arm is blown off in a gun fight and u might have to fire your weapon with one hand haha.

:)

Edited by Kalashnikov Kyle
  • Like 2