Saiga Rifles with Factory Threaded Barrels

Not sure what happened to my last post but want all to know that you will not need the barrel threading kit for 2009 rifles. I wasted my money when I found mine was already threaded 14mx1 Lh. The threading tutorial was a great help. Use oil and take time when using the pipe cutter, only remove what you need. Measure flash hider thread length and remove that amount. Use file to smooth and high temp low gloss paint to repair scuffs. I also went to Lowes and got a 5/8s snap ring to use as a shim on the barrel end to properly align the flash hidder ports. Looks Awesome with the Phantom Hider.

Man, I must have gotten lucky! Mine has all the good features all by dumb luck!

Related question: how would you know where to even cut a pistol grip hole if it didn't already have one?

Accurate / drawn to scale receiver templates you can print out and lay over the receiver to cut PG hole:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=27641

Great links! I will get pics when I'm home. Want to see how the hider works at night before I use blue loctite. I believe you want the ports at an angle so the flash isnt vertical. Soon to find out!

What is the advantage of cutting the pistol grip hole? I used the tapco introfuse stock and it had a grip that I screwed on that works great. Even has a compartment in it!

What is the advantage of cutting the pistol grip hole? I used the tapco introfuse stock and it had a grip that I screwed on that works great. Even has a compartment in it!

You replace the horrible factory trigger and restore the gun as Mr. Kalashnikov originally designed. You must also be 922r compliant, and the balance and feel of the rifle is much better after the restoration :smoke:

You replace the horrible factory trigger and restore the gun as Mr. Kalashnikov originally designed. You must also be 922r compliant, and the balance and feel of the rifle is much better after the restoration :smoke:

Not to mention that the weapon doesn't look super-retarded without the grip and stock hanging off the back of the receiver.

Edited by KC913