black talon 308 ammo

i know that black talon ammo was discontinued a long time ago for some reason that i cannot remember.i believe they were referred to as"copkillers". if i am wrong please do not hesitate to correct me.anyone know what a box of it in .308 winchester is worth?

post-30722-0-16776800-1296000518_thumb.jpg

Edited by byron

on gunbroker a box and a half (30rds) went for $70 and on auction arms 3 boxes (60rds) went for $75.00 so it just depends on how much someone wants them

thanks. i was on a site that had crazy prices on bt ammo. box of 380 for 75 and box of 9mm for 99. insane!

The black talon stuff was withdrawn because of stupidity. The black coating (Lubolox or something I think) looks evil so they are evil black bullets. Horror stories about trauma surgeons cutting themselves removing pieces of the jacket, and false beliefs that the projectiles had armor-piercing properties, led to talk of a ban. Winchester voluntarily withdrew them from the market. They sell Ranger SXT ammunition now, that is the same bullet without the black coating.

The big deal was over the pistol-caliber ammunition. I've seen plenty of 9mm and .45 for sale, and it usually sell for a dollar or two a round. I have no idea what the .308 is worth, but I do know you are supposed to be a contributor to fish for prices.

Edited by Shandlanos

The black talon stuff was withdrawn because of stupidity. The black coating (Lubolox or something I think) looks evil so they are evil black bullets. Horror stories about trauma surgeons cutting themselves removing pieces of the jacket, and false beliefs that the projectiles had armor-piercing properties, led to talk of a ban. Winchester voluntarily withdrew them from the market. They sell Ranger SXT ammunition now, that is the same bullet without the black coating.

The big deal was over the pistol-caliber ammunition. I've seen plenty of 9mm and .45 for sale, and it usually sell for a dollar or two a round. I have no idea what the .308 is worth, but I do know you are supposed to be a contributor to fish for prices.

You beat me to it! SXT is the Black Talon bullet. Even pistol caliber Black Talons without the mean looking black coating are still available as Winchester Ranger SXT(they are my primary defensive pistol ammo)

I have no idea what the .308 is worth, but I do know you are supposed to be a contributor to fish for prices.

i was just curious because i have a full box from a long time ago and if it was very valuable i was gonna sell it and buy a couple of boxes of hollow points for use as hunting rounds. if it is not that valuable i will just use these for hunting.