This must be where all the cool kids hang out.

Howdy! New S12 owner from Missouri. It should arrive later this week, and I plan on doing a conversion, and eventual SBS. Longtime shooter, and avid 10mm fan. See y'all around! :up:

Here is a pic of how I want it done.

SAIGASBS.jpg?t=1297105165

Edited by MO Fugga

Welcome to the forum!

........and that's a damn nice example to strive for. Looks awesome. I don't think I've ever seen the factory handguard cut down like that. I actually like the look of it alot.

Thanks! It's not quite as brutal looking as some of your member's weapons, but I love the elegance of it.

I see that there is a 7.5" ACE stock, I'm guessing it's a bit shorter than what I have pictured? That would be preferrable.

Ace makes those stocks in 7.5", 8.5" and 9.5" lengths: http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-MANUFACTURERS-cln-ACE/Categories

Given the area where the "support" is on the stock, where the bottom tube angles down, it looks like the 9.5".

I see that there is a 7.5" ACE stock, I'm guessing it's a bit shorter than what I have pictured? That would be preferrable.

Ace makes those stocks in 7.5", 8.5" and 9.5" lengths: http://store.carolin...-ACE/Categories

Given the area where the "support" is on the stock, where the bottom tube angles down, it looks like the 9.5".

That's what I figgered. Losing 2" on the OAL is all the sweeter! Man, I got some reading to do. Lot's of parts to review, and a bazillion or at the very least a dozen or so Q's that will need A's. I want this rig done right!

I see that there is a 7.5" ACE stock, I'm guessing it's a bit shorter than what I have pictured? That would be preferrable. Sorry about being n00bish... this is my first AK, and first non-.22 semi-auto. I learn fast, though.

Depending on how you handle the gun, you may (will most likely) find your nose gets pushed by the receiver cover when the gun recoils with a stock that short. Most people run the middle length Ace stock.

Edited by hobbyshooter