Best place to get Mags

Hi guys I am new and I want to say hi and WOW. There is so much good info on here I have been looking for about a month and still haven't got it all. I have a new S12 on layaway and I hope to get it out this week but I can't find that many mags in stock and am wondering if these are anygood http://www.keepshooting.com/saiga-12-gauge-5rd-magazine.html . I figure that these are a copy of the factory five rounder but i am wondering, do these work. I have 4 AGP 10 round mags in the e-store in the cart but really would like a five or eight round mag. Any thoughts would be good and if i overlooked something please let me know.

Make sure you get the AGP 10rd'ers they are the shit and are hard to get right now but as far as the five rounder you are looking at they seem to be OK I only use the 2 I have for target practice I would not use them in my combat load out. I don't trust them for when the SHTF cause they do not have the steel reinforements that the factory mags have but for just shooting they are good I have never had a problem.

Yeah MAA and CSS are both here and have their own forums. I think they are both giving 5% off. Some is better than none, so you cant beat that. Also if oyu want AGPs pre-order on their site. Its like 26 bucks for 8 or more. It took me about 3 weeks to get mine shipped. So you will get them in due time.

I have started a thread poll here on the different stick mags.

Drums are MD-20s

Sticks are Surefire for 8rd'ers and AGP for 10rd'ers

promag = fail all over lol. Maybe there 21rd drum is o'tay... :ph34r:

Hi guys I am new and I want to say hi and WOW. There is so much good info on here I have been looking for about a month and still haven't got it all. I have a new S12 on layaway and I hope to get it out this week but I can't find that many mags in stock and am wondering if these are anygood http://www.keepshooting.com/saiga-12-gauge-5rd-magazine.html . I figure that these are a copy of the factory five rounder but i am wondering, do these work. I have 4 AGP 10 round mags in the e-store in the cart but really would like a five or eight round mag. Any thoughts would be good and if i overlooked something please let me know.

The Keepshooting mags are great, but don't count toward 922r. Bvamp did a very thorough review of them.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=23028&st=0&p=201275&hl=keepshooting&fromsearch=1entry201275

On the 5 vs 8 rounders; that's really all up to you. Five should be enough for all your various wants/needs, the keepshooting mags are much cheaper, but you get 3 less rounds and no US parts.

Edit: Steel reinforcement isn't a big deal on the smaller magazines such as the 5rds. They will last fine as long as you aren't jumping through any windows, running over them with cars, or dodging mortar strikes while searching the battlefield for ammo in your SHTF fantasies. Yes, if the factory ones did have steel reinforcements, they would be "superior", but not much (especially for the price point).

Edited by Salmonking

Thx for the quick replies and that great review BVamp but the dates are old have they made any mods or are they still the same? I went ahead and ordered five because other mags are getting harder to find and with all the talk about the ATF doing something it seams like the normal price hikers will be out at the gun shows and on gunbroker. I am also going to order 4 of the AGP 10 round mags from the E-Store. What the hell with out the mags its just a club right. Again thx for the info.

Thx for the quick replies and that great review BVamp but the dates are old have they made any mods or are they still the same? I went ahead and ordered five because other mags are getting harder to find and with all the talk about the ATF doing something it seams like the normal price hikers will be out at the gun shows and on gunbroker. I am also going to order 4 of the AGP 10 round mags from the E-Store. What the hell with out the mags its just a club right. Again thx for the info.

I believe it's the same batch. They manufactured in bulk in the past to keep the price down, and have yet to announce an update in the design of them. Originally, they were selling for like $25, but it looks like they needed to clear out stock last summer, and have brought the price down again to $11.95.

Prices are relatively high, but you can always watch the WTS section. Members usually give out pretty good deals on their used unwanted stuff. Good luck and stay safe!