Valtro magazine fed shotgun w/ 7 rd. mag is lega?

Check out this Valtro shotgun, it uses 7 round detachable mags and is even legal in California. How can the Saiga be illegal in CA when this thing is legal? I just don't get it. Is it because this is a pump shotgun? I guess so. Anyways, looks like the magazines lock up the same way as the Saiga magazines with the mag release on the rear. May be possible to use these mags.

http://www.valtrousa.com/shotguns.html

pm5withfoldingstocklarge.jpg

You got it...pump shotgun is in a different category. You can have all the cool accessories with no fuss (pistol grip, bayonet, folding stock, etc) I saw one at a gunshow recently that started as a mossberg 500 and had the above accessories plus a flashlight and laser added. Wicked, but heavy.

The Valtro mag won't fit in the Saiga 12ga as it hits the sides of the trunion before it can get in enough to lock in. But it is made to feed the shells straight into the chamber where the Saiga mag feed shells up at a angle into the chamber. Looking at them both side by side the Valtro would need major modifications to work in a Saiga.