Polychoke attachment issue

Hey guys. Sorry if this is a dumb question...maybe I am lacking the proper full knowledge on this matter. I have a polychoke II and just got rid of the "breecher" style attachment on the end and traded it for a flash hider attachment. I hadn't fired ANY rounds out of it at ALL b4 i traded the attachments as well. Well I went and fired it w.o. the attachment on this weekend a few times. Maybe only put 30 rounds through it. Just a couple quick trigger pulls and that's it. I fired w.o. the attachment because I was waiting on the flash hider to get here. So now it's here and I went to put it on my polychoke and the son of a bitch wont screw onto the "fingers" part of the choke. Is this something I just need to put a little more elbow grease into and man up or is this a big problem? The attachment is brand new and I have tried putting some slight muscle into pushing it down to lock into the threads but it jut won't seem to go on. Do I need to push harder? LOL, just figured I ask b4 I do so and mess it up for real. I would appreciate any information on this I can get. Thank you.

How's about a pic of the parts so we can see what you're talking about?

post-19378-0-70091600-1297822129_thumb.jpg

^^ Brand new flash hider attachment for the above polychoke. Like I mentioned before, it won't go on the polychoke like it's meant to. Unless I'm just not pushing down on the flash hider enough to get it on.

"Caution: NEVER SHOOT your gun with the Poly-Choke sleeve unscrewed beyond the two reverse choke settings or with THE SLEEVE REMOVED,

As you will severely damage or ruin the Poly-Choke."

http://www.poly-choke.com/InstructionPage.htm

Oh shit :bag: Well I guess I'll call them tomorrow and talk to them about it and see if there is actually anything I can do or how to tell if I actually ruined it. Thanks tool, I appreciate the quick response.

not too long ago, I was out shooting trap with a buddy who brought out his old Sears Roebuck pump that has an old poly on it and he was having some other issues with lock up and we didn't notice the choke had loosened and got blown off while he was struggling to just to chamber the 10 rounds for that station. Anyway, he shot a few with it off and we, luckily, found the top half in the field. It did not want to go right on - I compressed the collets by hand a little and was able to get it threaded back on.

I think an important point to make is to be careful not to cross-thread it. this will definitely mess things up. a trick I use is to line up the threads and actually start spinning counter clockwise (backwards on a RH thread) you can feel the pieces align and the click will tell you when the starting threads are lined up.

Good luck and happy shooting.

[ETA] I checked the constriction with a t-gauge and micrometer when we got back to my house and, though worn out, all the settings worked as they were designed. I mean we're talking about steel, right? if it warps or bends - bend it back.

Edited by mark mallek

not too long ago, I was out shooting trap with a buddy who brought out his old Sears Roebuck pump that has an old poly on it and he was having some other issues with lock up and we didn't notice the choke had loosened and got blown off while he was struggling to just to chamber the 10 rounds for that station. Anyway, he shot a few with it off and we, luckily, found the top half in the field. It did not want to go right on - I compressed the collets by hand a little and was able to get it threaded back on.

I think an important point to make is to be careful not to cross-thread it. this will definitely mess things up. a trick I use is to line up the threads and actually start spinning counter clockwise (backwards on a RH thread) you can feel the pieces align and the click will tell you when the starting threads are lined up.

Good luck and happy shooting.

[ETA] I checked the constriction with a t-gauge and micrometer when we got back to my house and, though worn out, all the settings worked as they were designed. I mean we're talking about steel, right? if it warps or bends - bend it back.

Good story. thanks. I'll try that.