Would like to do a build and have some questions.

I have been researching for days and have an ok idea but still have some questions. I always wanted to do a rifle build such as an ak or ar however I could not rationalize just for paper targets in a range. All of the tactical ranges are a bit too far. I have had mossbergs and like having them for home defense, the ability to go to the tactical shotgun range on accession, skeet, trap, etc. I know the saiga will not be practical for skeet or trap but home defense and just the ability for mods is my main priority.

Here are my questions; I have only really seen 2 brands over and over online. RAA and Arsenal. I have a friend with an Arsenal AK47 and tell me the build quality is very high. I have never heard of Russian American Armory. Is there one that is better?

Mod Goals:

- Ability to shoot light loads (bird, buck) my question here is do I just order a new gas puck? I saw some walkthrough of having to mill all of this stuff and polishing receivers which seems a little too much trouble.

- Pistol grip conversion. Do no brands come with this stock? US law reasons?

- Vertical front grip and rail for adding light and/or sight.

What is the most economical yet reliable way to archive this? Do I buy the cheapest saiga online and buy the rail everything? Or do I order the much more expensive Arsenal one with the rail and nicer looking hand guards which seems near impossible to find in stock?

Can someone provide the link to info on moving the trigger and adding the grip? Seems like everyone does it yet I find little info. Is this an easy task or do I need a gunsmith?

Thanks in advance,

Dave