.410 Ammo Testing

I've been testing out different ammo in my .410 and I thought I'd post some results. So far I've only been able to test slugs, but I should be running some buckshot tests in the coming weeks. It would be great if others could post some of their own results to help everyone with their ammo selection.

Note: All my shooting is done at 25 yards standing with iron sights only with the gas regulator set to magnum shells.

Golden Bear 3" Magnum 97 grain Sabot Slugs:

These are easily my slug of choice. After putting 100 rounds through 4 different magazines I haven't had a single failure. Overall groups were 3-4" with a best of 0.5".

Federal Ammunition 2.5" 0.25 oz 1,775 fps Maximum Rifled Slug HP:

I put 50 of these down-range with no problems whatsoever. The recoil seemed a bit lighter than the Golden Bears and the accuracy was pretty close as well. Overall groups were 5" with a best of 1.25".

Nobel Sport Italia 2.5" 0.5 oz 1,200 fps Law Enforcement Slug:

I only fired 8 rounds because all but the first one failed to eject on the "magnum" setting. Accuracy wasn't especially impressive with an overall group of 8" and a best of about 3".

• Like 1