my bold hold open feature dont work no mo

i have a saiga (obviously) converted with a tapco g2 trigger kit. I have the texas weapon system rail installed. Last week i was shooting and the recoil spring collapsed due to guide wire/ button failure. Texas weapon system then sent me a new guide wire and button. I installed it and now my bolt hold open feature is no more?? I field stripped and everything seems intact accordingly? any thoughts?

The BHO spring has a long leg that should rest on the bottom of the forward of the receiver, and a short leg that rests on a tab of the BHO lever. It has likely slipped off that tab/'dog ear' and to correct it you can do one or both of the following: bend the short leg away from the receiver wall to lessen the chance it will slip off the ear, or place a narrow notch in the proximal dog ear so the spring can't be displaced off the it. Make sure the loop of the spring goes through the trigger axis pin, and this can be assisted by the use of a punch or similar cheater pin guide.

Untitled-5.jpg

That notch will make sure the spring never falls off again.

It makes it much easier to reinstall the FCG also.

you don't need to disassemble the FCG to fix the issue.

Just pop up the BHO & notch it, then put it back down in place, then use hemostats or very narrow needlenose pliers to grab the spring end that rests on the ear & place it back in place.

Good luck. :up:

right now my bolt hold open spring sits as described. the long portion of the spring is resting on the floor towards the front of the receiver. The spiral wound section has the pin goin through its center and the little pigtail is resting on the brackets ear. It appears to be installed correctly. Yet when i cycle the action back it wont hold it open.

can someone describe to me how the bolt hold open feature is supposed to work?

Edited by Stocksuspension

None of the BHO work as last round Bolt hold open as far as i know. I did hear that Izmash was looking to add them to their new guns but i haven't seen or hear do them yet. Of course i could be wrong. Stocksuspension: i would check to see if the top of the bolt hold open was damaged in that it is no longer tall enough to hold the bolt back or possible the spring is worn or broken.

Function: take the top cover off pull the bolt back depress the bolt hold open tab that sticks out of the bottom of the receiver near trigger. The bolt should be held in place. If it is then it is working. to release just give the bolt a slight reward tug and release as the bolt hold open will drop back away from the bolt. Oh yeah the bho spring has to be captured by the trigger axes pin (ie the pin must go through the circle of the spring) in order for it to work.

2 parts (one of many vids)

hope this helps.

Edited by leadslinger

well i figured out my problem. before i had fired the gun i fitted a texas weapon system dust cover rail. THe bolt would make contact with the rail and keep it open. now that the rail is clearance it doesnt hold i anymore. Thanks for all the responses/ help guys. I learned alot from it and keep up the good work