Single Hook FCG

I want to be certain I stay in compliance with 922r and have been studying FCGs. The link below to Dinzag Arms shows the difference between single hook and double hook receivers. When I look at mine there are no notches in the receiver as depicted.

Single v. Double Hook

What am I missing here? I'm trying to decide between the Tromix or the G2.

Advice and suggestions cheerfully accepted.

Most people go with the Tapco G2 Single-hook. If you don't have any notches already cut in your receiver (which you should double-check because I think you would be in the minority, at least in recent batches), you will have to cut some. Cutting one (for the single-hook) will be quicker/easier than cutting two (for the double).

Most people go with the Tapco G2 Single-hook. If you don't have any notches already cut in your receiver (which you should double-check because I think you would be in the minority, at least in recent batches), you will have to cut some. Cutting one (for the single-hook) will be quicker/easier than cutting two (for the double).

Thanks, I just bought this new and checked yet again. No Notches. I should have been more aware re: 922r going in.

I am assuming that you don't see any notches because you're rifle still has the sporter plate covering the bottom of the receiver. It comes from the factory made for single hook. You will see the trigger hole when you get the sporter plate off during conversion.You can also remove the top cover and look down through the top of the receiver to see the trigger hole that is used after conversion.

Edited by KC913

Thanks, I just bought this new and checked yet again. No Notches. I should have been more aware re: 922r going in.

It's covered up by the Clinton plate.

Remove your dust cover and bolt, then look down. You should be able to see where the new FCG will go.

Remove your dust cover and bolt, then look down. You should be able to see where the new FCG will go.

Ok...I'll take it apart and have a look. (I should wait before I ask this - but will the hook fit - or will I have to buy a different plate?) Thanks all...I appreciate the help.

Ok...I'll take it apart and have a look. (I should wait before I ask this - but will the hook fit - or will I have to buy a different plate?) Thanks all...I appreciate the help.

The plate is removed during conversion. You don't use any kind of plate covering the bottom of the receiver after the conversion.