i am by no means an expert on the BHO but,

first ??? Why would you want to rebuild w/o it? - it's a very usable feature.

Second - I think you would need to shim the cut side of the hammer axis to prevent it from walking- either cut the BHO or find a washer of close thickness.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

i am by no means an expert on the BHO but,

first ??? Why would you want to rebuild w/o it? - it's a very usable feature.

Second - I think you would need to shim the cut side of the hammer axis to prevent it from walking- either cut the BHO or find a washer of close thickness.

I second the reinstallation of the BHO. For years people would bitch about AK's because they lack this feature. Finally the Russians listen to customers and they bitch about them adding it.

I reinstalled it. Yes, it was a pain in the ass but it was worth it.

Better question is why would you use it or need it?

honestly I have never heard anyone(in person) bitch about an ak not having a BHO.

I did a BHO mod on my safetly lever. It was cool at first, but it quickly lost its luster and got taken off. Honestly didnt ever use it or see any use in it.

Better question is why would you use it or need it?

honestly I have never heard anyone(in person) bitch about an ak not having a BHO.

I did a BHO mod on my safetly lever. It was cool at first, but it quickly lost its luster and got taken off. Honestly didnt ever use it or see any use in it.

There are a number of shooting ranges that require them.

To each his own. If you don't like it then leave it out, however my personal opinion is that there are more benefits to having it then to leaving it out. When I go hunting, prior to going out into the desert we have the actions on our weapons open to avoid an accidental discharge.

On a full mag, especially with the saiga 12 it is harder to pull the bolt carrier back to chamber a round.