ok i have a question, i am thinking about getting a saiga 7.62x39 and converting it, i know how to convert it to a pistol grip; but i am not clear on exactly what to do with the rifle to accept standard ak magazines....can i get away with ONLY filing the mag catch lever? or do i also have to put in a bullet guide? basically what are all the necessary steps i have to do to make it work right? thank you.

ok cool. oh and i also need to make sure its legal (922r) so if i get a tapco g2 trigger, american pistol grip and a tapco stock then is it 922r compliant or what?

There is an entire section in here committed to 922r. Please read..you will get plenty of invaluable info.

Edited by NM0
here is an entire section in here committed to 922r. Please read..you will get plenty of invaluable info.

thanks that helped alot lol. ok so i think i know what to do now...save up alil extra money and go buy one. cuz im not gunna go get a cheap ass ak for the same price as a quality built russian one (that i will have to put alil extra time and $$$ into to convert it) but hey, thats the fun part.... except for the money that is ;)