Replace Front sight block on my SGL

Hey All,

I'm thinking of replacing my factory threadless factory FSB with a new one threaded for 24mm so I can put a krebs 74 style brake on it.

Here is my original:

SGL34-61_front_i.jpg

And thinking of replacing it with this one:

http://akpartskits.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=52

You guys foresee any issues? Anyone know if the pins are in the same place?

Thanks!

Hey All,

I'm thinking of replacing my factory threadless factory FSB with a new one threaded for 24mm so I can put a krebs 74 style brake on it.

Here is my original:

SGL34-61_front_i.jpg

And thinking of replacing it with this one:

http://akpartskits.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=52

You guys foresee any issues? Anyone know if the pins are in the same place?

Thanks!

The pins should be in the correct place, but that said, if it's a US made AK74 sight block and isn't from K-var I would be leery about it being airsoft or way out of spec. I don't know of any US company making any things like that for the AK, and I"m not even sure if K-var makes one.

Also, the site you linked, be warned, is Hesse/Blackthorne/Vulcan arms and I would avoid them like the plague. Here's a link to Brownells, selling that same sight block, and the review is not favorable of that part, let alone the company's history.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=41224/Product/AK_47_74_FRONT_SIGHT_BASE

I would recommend scrounging around forums, such as the section here where stuff is for sale, or on Arfcom in their EE and finding one that was from a kit. MARKW1 on this forum is where I got my '74 fsb from a demilled Bulgarian rifle, he is an excellent person to deal with. I'm not sure if he has any more left though.

In my opinion that is too much for one without the drum and post in it. I'd be looking to spend maybe 50-60 for it, 70 is high. You might luck out and find someone selling one cheaper on a forum though.

I have never regretted getting parts from dinzag, yes he is high but everything is top notch and works which is far more important than a few bucks saved getting things elsewhere. Besides a year later the money wont be any issue but that sight will still be there. Do have a good smith install it though that is worth the price.

• Like 1

I have never regretted getting parts from dinzag, yes he is high but everything is top notch and works which is far more important than a few bucks saved getting things elsewhere. Besides a year later the money wont be any issue but that sight will still be there. Do have a good smith install it though that is worth the price.

I agree 100% Rhodes. I don't mind spending a few extra dollars since I know first-hand how awesome Dinzag's customer service is. All the parts I've got from him were exceptional quality, no fit or finish issues whatsoever. These are the reasons I always order from him. I can't comment on the other vendors since I've never ordered anything from them.