Anyone have any experience with hydrographics?

I've had the stocks done on a mossberg 835 by a company h2oimaging and for the price they offer a lifetime warranty and I have put the gun threw hell and have not had an issue with it yet I would rather some one do it than have a kit that I could screw up :(

I've always heard not to use it on parts that heat up excessively, barrel, receiver, etc. ALTHOUGH, I have no personal experience with it. If you do go that route PLEASE keep us updated!!

See, that's what I was wondering if it would stand up to heat...I think it would look sweet having the entire gun camo'd...

wow ok need to redu my eye prescription did not see the word receiver lol but if you call h2o imaging they would be able to tell you I am about to send off an ar I'm building to them again just for the furniture and if you don't see a pattern on there site find a picture and send them something you want and they probly can do it the one I have I found on another site

i work for a company that does hydrographics for cars and we have done some guns as well.....in the following thread of some that we've done

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/62805-digital-snow-camo/page__p__601039__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=601039

let me sum it up for how its done and what it is

it is basically a paint process that involves a good deoiling and prep process including primer and then turning a film that you spray witha a liquid "activator" that basically turns the film into a liquid (paint) then the object to be coated is dipped in the film in a big bath tube like tank with clean warm water in it (sometimes it has to be done in sections or parts) and then when dry (if all looks good), it is clear coated

the more robust and high quality the clear coat, the longer it will hold up.

it is not like a cerakote and is not intended as such. it is purely for asthetics. it holds up ok, but again it is a paint pretty much....it will scratch and eventually need to be redone if its not a safe queen

I had plastic body panels done on a UTV, 3+ years ago, the finish has held up extremely well. Think about what vehicles encounter while off-roading, mud bogging, and duning thats pretty much what its endured and more. The panels near the exhaust get really hot, the fender trim is rhino coated (rubberized bedliner) and that has begun peeling and flaking. Graphics in those areas are holding up fine, no discoloration or peeling. As the above poster stated, there is an automotive grade clear coat over the graphics and I do take care to apply wax after washes. I recently had a AR completely dipped in the same finish but haven't had it long enough to see how the graphics on metal will hold up.

IMG_0990.JPG

IMG_1540_Large_.JPG