I've been thinking...

Looks like I will be spending quite a bit of time in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia, since my last non-west coast kid will be moving back. Where kids and grandkids go... Mom/Grandma (and Dad/Grandpa) will follow. That's the advantage of being semi retired! The Saiga sucks with the Kydex paddle grip, and a rad-lock is an abomination. I think I will either re-sporter the trigger group, or sell to buy a stock Saiga (yes sell) or trade mine for a stock and cash. My out of Kalifornia weapon of choice will be the VZ58. I figure bullet guide so I can use my pre-ban mags, and hammer, piston, SGM handguard, and magazine followers for 922.

Here is one company's method of making Cali Legal AKs

CASAR_AK_type_ri_4bd070af17cf1.png

Lol... Anyway I've never tried the ak with the kydex grip. I've always preferred retaining the use of my magazine releases here in California, so I can see your aversion to the maglock.

Here is one company's method of making Cali Legal AKs

CASAR_AK_type_ri_4bd070af17cf1.png

Lol... Anyway I've never tried the ak with the kydex grip. I've always preferred retaining the use of my magazine releases here in California, so I can see your aversion to the maglock.

To tell you the truth, I tried that with my Saiga. Not very ergonomic. A stock Saiga with 922R compliance parts is a Russian Mini-30, but more accurate.

To tell you the truth, I tried that with my Saiga. Not very ergonomic. A stock Saiga with 922R compliance parts is a Russian Mini-30, but more accurate.

Haha I know I was only teasing... When I saw that in the store I had to convince the guy that it's a shorcut to california legality, and most likely with the anticipation of the buyer putting a pg/ maglock on.

I think I am going to keep mine, but re-sporter it. It will have the bullet guide and 24mm FSB and break already, and have the Texas AK hammer and disconnector, and Tapco piston and mag followers for 922R. I will re=mount the original FC system, and use factory stock and handguard, That means I will have a 4 piece K-Var plum set, CSS clamp on retainer, standard AK gas tube, and 16" cleaning rod for sale as a package for about $200 for everything. My folding stock VZ-58 will be un-neutered for my out of Kalifornia 7.62x39.

I hate bullet buttons and 10 round magazines! I have legal pre-bans and want to use them. I would rather have a utilitarian weapon with 30 rounds than a cool weapon with 10 rounds. I may even get a monsterman grip for the retro SP1 AR-15 so I can use my pre-bans in it. I shoot a USGI M1 carbine with 30s all the time, so I am used to the grip style.