ok, i just wanted to know how im supposed to attach my sling mount to my dph skeleton stock. i have the sling mount, but no means to attach it. something im missing? am i retarded? do i have to buy something else, and if so, WHY?

2nd part, why is it that when i "search" in css, the results for the screw-on lower handguard retainer(the one where you dont have to take off the damn gas tube, front sight post, etc) DOESNT show up when i search for it? anybody? anybody? bueller? i already bought a lower handguard retainer, but its the kind i do NOT want to have to install. looking to sell it. now, i found the link to what i tried searching for on css through a post here, so no need to post that link. just wondering, and a little peeved...

k, think i vented enough. ill post my problem with the collapsable stock attachment later.

relax fred, take 2 deep breaths. lol. :)

if you got the retainer from css, he might do a return/exchange for the one you are after if you ordered the wrong part and havent modified it.

if you need info on the skeleton stock, its probably been covered here http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/forum/91-dph-arms/

i didnt buy the lower handguard retainer from css, i bought it from k-var, where i got my lower handguard.

as for contacting greg from css about the search engine problem, its too late now. i purchased the lower handguard retainer i wanted from another site, for TWICE THE PRICE, before i found a link on here to the one on css. therein lies my problem. i sent them an email, have yet to reply from them. so im probably scewed there...

as for the swing swivel, mine is the one that came with the stock. just a screw-on, and no way to attach it. am i wrong in thinking that when someone buys something it SHOULD COME WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO FUCKING INSTALL IT???

again, maybe im just a moron, but this problem seems to be recurring....

It seems to me that a vendor should not be expected to list everything a product does not come with unless the non-included item is depicted in the ad. It also seems to me that if there is a question about what is being purchased, then the onus is on the purchaser to check before paying. Looking at CSS's page for the DPH stock, I don't see anything mentioned about a sling swivel being included for the purchase price nor is there one in the photo of the stock.

Edited by DrThunder88
  • Like 1

It seems to me that a vendor should not be expected to list everything a product does not come with unless the non-included item is depicted in the ad. It also seems to me that if there is a question about what is being purchased, then the onus is on the purchaser to check before paying. Looking at CSS's page for the DPH stock, I don't see anything mentioned about a sling swivel being included for the purchase price nor is there one in the photo of the stock.

when i purchased the stock, it came with a sling swivel, but no means to ATTACH it into the stock. does that make sense to you? because it doesnt to me. and by the way, there are alot of things you get with parts bought that CANNOT be used as intended. almost every single purchase ive made at various websites verifies this. what exactly is the purpose of that???

Like I said, the stock is not listed as being sold with any sling swivel on their webpage. If you didn't order it separately and barring a promotional package deal that is no longer listed, I'd suppose it was included either by mistake or as a gift. If it was CSS's mistake in your favor, the right thing to do is to let them know and offer to send it back at their expense. If it was included as a gift, what is there to complain about? You have a $5 part that can be used on any gun with standard 10-32 threads. It will probably also fit the standard front sling swivel location on Saiga forearms since the 5x0.8mm thread is nearly identical to 10-32.

Like I said, the stock is not listed as being sold with any sling swivel on their webpage. If you didn't order it separately and barring a promotional package deal that is no longer listed, I'd suppose it was included either by mistake or as a gift. If it was CSS's mistake in your favor, the right thing to do is to let them know and offer to send it back at their expense. If it was included as a gift, what is there to complain about? You have a $5 part that can be used on any gun with standard 10-32 threads. It will probably also fit the standard front sling swivel location on Saiga forearms since the 5x0.8mm thread is nearly identical to 10-32.

lol, i see your point. but the additional hardware is still useless. so there. :haha: