choosing rings... help- !!!

I am getting nowhere here ... I want to mount a Leatherwood CMR 1-4x24 tactical scope on my Saiga .223 on a Kvar Kv-04s side mount . The problem is that I am getting nuts figuring out what rings will fit before ordering , because of the eye relief (3 inches) and the limit of space on the side mount ... So far I have discarted the Burris APEPR because it sits too high . It is for ARs , not AKs , so I am left with rings . The only thing I can come up after spending the whole afternoon on the computer , are the Weaver extended rings . Is anyone able to share some input here ? These Weaver extended rings , with a height of 1/2 inch , will fit barely. Perhaps somebody can come up with a better solution or a base that work better ? , Thanks

I am getting nowhere here ... I want to mount a Leatherwood CMR 1-4x24 tactical scope on my Saiga .223 on a Kvar Kv-04s side mount . The problem is that I am getting nuts figuring out what rings will fit before ordering , because of the eye relief (3 inches) and the limit of space on the side mount ... So far I have discarted the Burris APEPR because it sits too high . It is for ARs , not AKs , so I am left with rings . The only thing I can come up after spending the whole afternoon on the computer , are the Weaver extended rings . Is anyone able to share some input here ? These Weaver extended rings , with a height of 1/2 inch , will fit barely. Perhaps somebody can come up with a better solution or a base that work better ? , Thanks

with a x24, I think you could get by with low profile rings on a side mount picatinny like a bp-02 with the rear site leaf in place - with an x32, I can get the scope on, I just can' keep lens covers on without removing the sight leaf. Go with medium rings if you want no hassle at all.