AK Rear Sights - interchangeable?

I have a Draco with a 1000 meter rear sight. I have seen other AK sights with differant range markings and the windage adjustable RPK sights. Are they interchangeable as far as still being able to sight the rifle correctly? What are the benefits/drawbacks of differant range sights? Anything specific I need to be aware of? Thanks in advance for any info!

As far as I know the slope on the rear sight block makes them non-interchangable going from a 1000 to an 800 meter sight. Some rifles used 1000 some used 800, I believe the 800 was older. I have seen many people use the RPK rear sights without a problem on an AK but just make sure it's the same length as the sight you're replacing and it should be good.

I have a Draco with a 1000 meter rear sight. I have seen other AK sights with differant range markings and the windage adjustable RPK sights. Are they interchangeable as far as still being able to sight the rifle correctly? What are the benefits/drawbacks of differant range sights? Anything specific I need to be aware of? Thanks in advance for any info!

The sights are interchangeable.

Mine came with the proper 500 meter rear sight, but... I wanted a modified rear sight so I gave it to my Dad for his Draco, his had the 1000 meter rear.

As far as being able to sight it in properly,? Ask yourself what is the farthest distance you think you'll be shooting at and see if you need that extra 4 or 500 meters on your sight. FWIW, I put a Bulgarian 800 meter sight on mine and have had no problems at 100 yds.

Edited by dakotasdad
  • Like 1