A big thank you to Mike Davidson / MD Arms

I've had my S12 for several months now and have always had trouble cycling the cheap stuff (i.e. Winchester Universal 100 pack) from Wal Mart at 100%. I'd say the percentage of successful ejected rounds of the absolute lightest stuff was around 75%. This included using the stock plug, Tac autoplug & V-Plug. Nothing seemed to help.

That is until I purchased the Booster Piston about a month or so ago.

I installed the piston and went to the range for the first time today since installation.

With my vplug setting on 4 the successful ejection ratio was about 90%. The last round in my 10 round mag would get just barely hung up and FTE.

So I put the vplug on the final setting and VOILA!!!! No more FTE's in the 5 rounders, 10 rounders and even the 20 round drum.

To anyone on the fence about getting the Saiga booster piston or anyone who thinks that it may be a bunch of hype or your gun is having trouble ejecting the cheap / light stuff...................don't hesitate, get it.

It'll be the best $16 you ever spent on your Saiga.

My gun now runs 100% reliably due to Mike Davidson / MD Arms products.

Just wanted to say thanks

Even after my port work im still got 3 FTE's out of 100rds during todays testing on setting 5 with my v-plug. Its probably just getting fouled up, but i just ordered a booster puck to hopefully fix it. Im hoping the efficiency of the booster puck will allow me to run a lower setting on my v-plug to help reduce fouling.

Edited by slostang

I bought the MD 20, and V plug about a month ago. Drum ran slugs, and buck shot like a champ on setting 3, and Vplug allowed me to run winchester bulk from the factory stick on 5. Having a gun with 3 full ports I decieded a DIY polish job was in order. I started with some 180 grit and worked my way up to 220, using some mill scale jewlers files to knock sharp edges off the areas I seen wear inside the reciver and on the bolt. I took no real material away just removed paint and slicked down the surfaces as best i could by hand. Today I took out took out the drum for the first time since doing my full polish job. SUCCESS! Drum ran that federal like champ, not one singe FTE or FTL on setting 5! And got the factory 5rnd to run it on setting 3. But still having some trouble with the winchester ammo. Honestly I don't see a point in tinkering with it's functionalty to get it to run the winchester bulk, actualy my localy wall world sells the federal a buck cheaper! Try doing a polish job, bet your surprised with the results. If you doubt your ability send it to a pro.