Cheap saiga conversion

Well fellas, I finally did it. I used a Texas AK trigger group, a mako knock off grip, tapco PG nut and screw(screw was way too long, got one to fit at the hardware store), L shaped retainer,kept my T6 collapsable stock and away I went.

I had to cut my own PG nut hole in the reciever, It didnt turn out a"perfect"square, but its tight on the sides and I got it in one try with a tiny bit ot filing. All the normal drilling of rivets went well, Id file down the tops just a bit to make them flat and start drilling. I also had to cut another space in my trigger hole to accomadate a double hook trigger, real easy stuff. All of my reciever work took around 3hrs to do, I was not in any hurry.

Then there comes installing the FCG which in itself is easy as pie. Fitting that thick hammer to for my carrier to slide forward was a different story. I filed that bastard for two and a half hours to finally get it to fit. After checking and rechecking it was finally done, I sanded and polished my hammer and it slides real nice now.

In all my parts cost 62 dollars with reusing the T6. Its was super cheap for the results. I am amazed how much better the trigger pull is, and It feels so much better in your shoulder with the grip moved forward.

Thanks for all the help guys, I dont think I could have been so well prepared without this forum.

post-31894-0-48855800-1303572643_thumb.jpg

Glad that you got it done.

Now contact Tapco and tell them you need a regular AK T6 buffer tube.

If the right person answers, the cost to your door will be less then $15.

Thats what the rep lady told me. I dont know, I beat on that roll pin quite a bit and it hasnt moved a single mm. As long as my wife is comfortable with the length of pull, I really dont care to change it.

It just looks better with the regular AK tube.

No unfilled indentations or unsightly left over screw holes to fill.

Tapco sent me 2 AK T6 tubes and some other parts for $10 a couple if months back.

But the one you have is paid for and still does the same job.

Tapco sent me 2 AK T6 tubes and some other parts for $10 a couple if months back.

So you mean to say you have an extra AK tube? I happen to have a collapsible AR buttstock that's beggin'. Would you be interested in recouping your $10 (plus shipping)? PM me.

So you mean to say you have an extra AK tube? I happen to have a collapsible AR buttstock that's beggin'. Would you be interested in recouping your $10 (plus shipping)? PM me.

PM replied to.