So I finally got my Saiga back together and got it to the range.

I was trying out a lot of new parts today.

2008 3 port S12

Mods

3 ports taken to 3/32", gas block D mod

18.5" OAL barrel with permanently attached 2.5" flash hider

MD arms V plug

Stock gas puck

Reprofiled and polished BCG and FCG (Arsenal)

Ammo shot today was:

10 rounds Federal 3" magnum Power-Shok slugs 3 1/4 oz 1600 FPS

5 rounds Remington 2 3/4" sluggers

15 rounds Remington 3" magnum 00 buckshot 1225 fps 15 pellets

100 rounds Federal bulk pack 7.5 shot 1 1/8 oz 1200 fps 3 DRAM

100 rounds Federal game load 6 shot 1 oz 1290 fps 3 1/4 DRAM

Results:

The Federal 3" magnum slugs shot flawlessly with the MD V-plug on setting 1. I was a little surprised it worked on this setting, but the shells came out very strong. This is a monsterously powerful slug that puts out a tremendous flame from the muzzle

The 2 3/4" sluggers required setting 3 on the V-plug, and the shells weren't ejecting all that strongly.

The real surprise of the day was the Remington 3" magnum 00 Buckshot. This required setting 4 on the V-plug.

Next was the 100 rounds of Federal 6 shot game load. This required setting setting 5. Once setting 5 was obtained these ran flawlessly through the MD Arms drum and OEM 8s

Finally, the 100 rounds of Federal bulk pack. This also took setting 5 and all 100 rounds ran without failure through the drum and stick mags.

I can now confidently say that my S12 runs 100% with all types of ammo. I was just a little surprised frankly that the buckshot required setting 4. The slugs must really produce a lot more pressure in the barrel. The last issue is this AK Warsaw stock....as much as I have it on the shotgun for the aesthetics, it has to go. Under rapid fire the butt end just slides right up and off my shoulder. I don't know if maybe something like a Magpul MOE stock would be a good idea, depending on the stability of the tube under magnum fire. Maybe some sort of skeleton stock would be superior.

cimg1821eh.jpg

Edited by TwentyNizzo